New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi all. at first i patient enough to wait for new options in buying a new car. but it seems i may not be able to wait until end of the year.

at first i was waiting for the new ford focus tdci. but i am now looking at a cross over vehicle.

what do you suggest? thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Honda CR-V, Nissan X-Trail, Mitsubishi ASX, Subaru Forester.... recommendation for you. Di ko na sinama Hyundai Tucson and Kia Sportage kasi you WON'T really jump for joy, haba ng waiting lines!!

Good luck and happy shopping!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    What's your budget TS? Also, what do you look for in a CUV? Comfort? Performance? Economical fuel consumption? Prestige?

Based on my personal experience (owned and driven):

X-Trail 250 4x4 - roomy, comfortable ride, fast, responsive, best aircon in its class (IMHO), 4x4 version is quite capable on rough-roading and even sand (Bangui windmills), poor fuel consumption in the city (5-6 km/L) though quite good in the highways (up to 14 km/L), great for climbing up Baguio

Tucson Theta II 2.0 GLS - still roomy (though X-Trail is roomier), relatively comfortable ride veering on hard, poor FC in the city (6-7 km/L) though more acceptable on the highway (up to 12.8 km/L), got a bit strained going up to Baguio

As for the following (which I rode in at some point)

CRV 2.4 AWD - very roomy, but I find the seats hard and the ride quite harsh, gas guzzler in the city
    RAV 4 - relatively comfortable ride oriented towards sporty driving,
    Escape - hard ride, but seems very solid

PS: There are stocks of the Tucson available so the waiting time shouldn't be that long anymore. We got ours 2 days after giving the down payment (April this year).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Adding...

KIA SOUL 1.6L or 2.0L (depending on your budget).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Di ko na sinama Hyundai Tucson and Kia Sportage kasi you WON'T really jump for joy, haba ng waiting lines!!
    Sigurado ka ba?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    What's your budget TS? Also, what do you look for in a CUV? Comfort? Performance? Economical fuel consumption? Prestige?

X-Trail 250 4x4 - roomy, comfortable ride, fast, responsive, best aircon in its class (IMHO), 4x4 version is quite capable on rough-roading and even sand (Bangui windmills), poor fuel consumption in the city (5-6 km/L) though quite good in the highways (up to 14 km/L), great for climbing up Baguio

Tucson Theta II 2.0 GLS - still roomy (though X-Trail is roomier), relatively comfortable ride veering on hard, poor FC in the city (6-7 km/L) though more acceptable on the highway (up to 12.8 km/L), got a bit strained going up to Baguio

CRV 2.4 AWD - very roomy, but I find the seats hard and the ride quite harsh, gas guzzler in the city

PS: There are stocks of the Tucson available so the waiting time shouldn't be that long anymore. We got ours 2 days after giving the down payment (April this year).
    Agree with the X-Trail 250 4WD T30. It's not expensive pero panalo ang performance. After driving my friend's T30 250, I started to love the X-Trail

Only negative I can see is the fuel consumption.

The 2.4 CR-V has better fuel economy than X-Trail 250 but it can't perform like the X-Trail. Haha

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I suggest the Tucson GL CRDi (may stock ba neto ngayon?). If you drive long distances in the city a lot, the gas consumption of all the other gas powered rivals would be boring a hole in your pocket. Or if you don't mind Chevy's casa performance and parts cost/availability, the Captiva VCDi in itself is actually a fine choice as well.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The aftersales performance of Chevy is the only reason stopping me to buy a Captiva. Hehe. Sayang yung Captiva na yan..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post

FC is very important now. but im not that sure i want diesel because its very dirty. im choosing crossover just because it can take more baha. otherwise ill just stick with sedan (im a sedan guy since birth) my next priority is comfort. and of course i would like a good balance of acceleration and speed.

i dont like the CRV because its way over priced. just not worth it anymore. Subaru also is too expensive for me. I have some bad feedback about the ASX. i have also crossed out the tucson because of the wait list.

i have never explored the x-trail though. how about ford escape?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    May dealers na may stock na nga ng Tucson.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    how is the suspension? matagtag ba parang innova?

how is the handling? parang car lang ba?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
cant wait already looking for a new car