New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Pang business? The Ranger has a bigger cargo bed and is geared towards cargo duty, hence the bouncier ride when unladen.

Regarding the durability of the chassis... we still use our 233,000 km, 10-year old Ranger to carry multi-hundred kilo barrels to calamba to this date.

F/C for the 2.5 versions of either vehicle would be very similar.

Better stay away from the Blizzard. Daming complaints at the china cars subforum regarding other Foton trucks.
    i got to agree with sir scharnhorst, ranger does have a bigger cargo and its more for hauling..thats why ..every pickup has there own market..its not that strada can't haul things..its just ranger will be better at it.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    PICK - UP ? I never expected that.

-

Is it for business purposes only ? If so, get the Foton Blizzard. Price it at 800k plus, I think.

But if you're going to use it for family purposes also, a J Hilux might just be right. Or, even the GL Strada. Not too much pricey, but can do the same job as what the higher variants do.

The J Hilux is bare. As in completely bare. No power whatsoevers.

The GL Strada is somewhat, enhanced already. It comes with power windows, central lock system and I think it is also equipped with keyless entry.

-

The Navara is too, err... expensive. Better opt for the " cheaper " ones.

The Blizzard. 860k for the 4x4 stance already. Yet, since you have an extra cash, I think you should think about it first. Cheap [check] ;; Quite modern [check] ;; reliable [unsure] ;; fast[x]

Goodluck on your purchase!
    The reason why I am not getting an L300 or a Hi-lux FX is simple. Kailangan presentable din yung car for personal use. The vehicle has to do the job of lifting 4 sacks of rice and a handful of kilos of meat and veggies and at the same time I can go into a hotel and don't have to hide my face with a paper bag!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    get the ford trekker...got mine with a huge discount..kaya ng budget mo.
    How much is the discount if you don't mind? Wala pa kasi ako sa buying process nasa selection process pa lang ako pero medyo naka lean ako sa Strada because of price alone. But if the Ranger can match it and exceed it then why not?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    how about Isuzu d-max LX? It can surely haul cargo, its decent for functions, and its fuel efficiency is a plus for your business.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ UGLY! Yun lang!

Basta sakin cross out na yung Hi-lux (tagtag tapos ang mahal pa) and D-max (UGLY). Yung Navarra outside chance because of price. Then there is the BT-50 eh Ford Ranger lang din yun with a Mazda logo might as well buy the parent company's model.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    macho at rugged ang dating ng ranger pero medyo masikip lang sa likod. sa strada glx, naliliitan lang ako sa stock na gulong niya :D

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Oh. Yun pala .. hehe.

So, it's now down with the Ranger and the Strada. - Both are updated models already.

Ford is usually giving off fair discounts for their vehicles. Just not sure about their exact figs.

Maybe, we can hear about the maintenance cost for the ford ranger from sir Isuzoom.

-

Strada. Can't say anything.

Just stay away from Union Motors.

If you can go with the GLS sport, better.

But GLX ? No problemo, it will do its job too.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Oh. Yun pala .. hehe.

So, it's now down with the Ranger and the Strada. - Both are updated models already.

Ford is usually giving off fair discounts for their vehicles. Just not sure about their exact figs.

Maybe, we can hear about the maintenance cost for the ford ranger from sir Isuzoom.

-

Strada. Can't say anything.

Just stay away from Union Motors.

If you can go with the GLS sport, better.

But GLX ? No problemo, it will do its job too.
    Sir Renzo_d10 - mind me asking... hehe.. what's with Union Motors? Sila ung una kong nakausap eh.. hehe...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ay Union Motors may super bad na kwento about them regarding cheating a customer by giving them an old Outlander model na dapat newer model ang binigay...

Ang natanong ko pa lang is Diamond Motors in Quezon Ave. P20,000 discount lang kaya ibigay sakin anything beyond that tatanungin pa sa higher authority, I am also haggling them to give me one year insurance free of charge! Also pending!

Sayang wala na yung Diamond sa Greenhills, nasan na kaya yun lumipat?
    Last edited by tidus1203; January 21st, 2010 at 11:25 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    After much research I have concluded that the Strada will fit my needs better than the Ranger. I don't need the off-roading I just need a car that can carry 5 sacks of rice and a handful of kilos of meat and veggies. I think the Strada can do it but also I put a premium on riding comfort, being a SF owner I have very high tastes for ride quality and I think the Strada trumps the Ranger in that regard.

Now that's settle, can anyone refer me to a good agent? Medyo natatakot ako sa Mitsubishi (base on my own personal experience in the past and stories I read and heard) since I always have this sense na marami sa kanila mandaraya at hindi staright to the point!

And duon sa isang agent nakausap ko sabi sakin merong waiting list ang Strada as long as 3 weeks? True?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Buying a pick-up! (Yep you heard me right)