New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Budget is around a MILLION at most. Instant candidate is the Strada 4X2 GLX. Also maybe the Ford Ranger comes into mind...

I am worried though about the PMS costs of the Strada. Ang mahal kasi!
    Matipid ba sya sa diesel? How about the Ranger matipid din ba sa diesel? Sorry tamada sobra mag back read as those threads are so long already...

Reason on buying a pick-up, I started a new business and I need a truck to carry some goods. Sacks of rice to be exact and some food items like meat and veggies...

Kaya din ng Santa Fe (tried it a few times already) pero ayaw ko syang gamitin for that purpose, masisira beauty nya! And of course the smell of raw meat makes the interior of the SF smell bad. Meron din akong other cars but they are all passenger cars and are not suited for the task.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Budget is around a MILLION at most. Instant candidate is the Strada 4X2 GLX. Also maybe the Ford Ranger comes into mind...

I am worried though about the PMS costs of the Strada. Ang mahal kasi!
    Matipid ba sya sa diesel? How about the Ranger matipid din ba sa diesel? Sorry tamada sobra mag back read as those threads are so long already...

Reason on buying a pick-up, I started a new business and I need a truck to carry some goods. Sacks of rice to be exact and some food items like meat and veggies...

Kaya din ng Santa Fe (tried it a few times already) pero ayaw ko syang gamitin for that purpose, masisira beauty nya! And of course the smell of raw meat makes the interior of the SF smell bad. Meron din akong other cars but they are all passenger cars and are not suited for the task.
    sir Tidus am i reading right but anyway i think you know better but for me Strada ka na heheheh

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tc327 View Post
    sir Tidus am i reading right but anyway i think you know better but for me Strada ka na heheheh
    How about yung sakit ng Strada regarding noisy rear suspension. Ok na ba yun?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    sir..its a hit or miss thing.. ako wala problem...but still, hindi pa talaga na aayos ng Mitsu etong problem. but both of your choices are good..but i'll still go with Strada. hehehhe.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PICK - UP ? I never expected that.

-

Is it for business purposes only ? If so, get the Foton Blizzard. Price it at 800k plus, I think.

But if you're going to use it for family purposes also, a J Hilux might just be right. Or, even the GL Strada. Not too much pricey, but can do the same job as what the higher variants do.

The J Hilux is bare. As in completely bare. No power whatsoevers.

The GL Strada is somewhat, enhanced already. It comes with power windows, central lock system and I think it is also equipped with keyless entry.

-

The Navara is too, err... expensive. Better opt for the " cheaper " ones.

The Blizzard. 860k for the 4x4 stance already. Yet, since you have an extra cash, I think you should think about it first. Cheap [check] ;; Quite modern [check] ;; reliable [unsure] ;; fast[x]

Goodluck on your purchase!
    Last edited by renzo_d10; January 20th, 2010 at 07:28 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    get the ford trekker...got mine with a huge discount..kaya ng budget mo.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    so far sir wala naman naging problema ang strada ko sa noisy rear suspension mag 8 months na siya, isa lang ang naging problema ko that time yung leaning niya sa left side but it was immediately repair sa casa hehehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    get the ford trekker...got mine with a huge discount..kaya ng budget mo.
    How was your maintenance cost sir ?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Pang business? The Ranger has a bigger cargo bed and is geared towards cargo duty, hence the bouncier ride when unladen.

Regarding the durability of the chassis... we still use our 233,000 km, 10-year old Ranger to carry multi-hundred kilo barrels to calamba to this date.

F/C for the 2.5 versions of either vehicle would be very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

The Blizzard. 860k for the 4x4 stance already. Yet, since you have an extra cash, I think you should think about it first. Cheap [check] ;; Quite modern [check] ;; reliable [unsure] ;; fast[x]

Goodluck on your purchase!
    Better stay away from the Blizzard. Daming complaints at the china cars subforum regarding other Foton trucks.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ I`m not an avid fan of the China cars neither, maybe that's why I haven't read that topic.

Since there are complaints about it, better if you stay away from it already.

So " X " for the Foton. It's not down to the Mitsubishi Strada, Ford Ranger, Toyota Hilux & the quite-unpractical-for-business-use Nissan Navara.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Buying a pick-up! (Yep you heard me right)