New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sounds like a comfortable car for gramps, or ladies, to drive.
    hey! it's a compliment.
    Agree. The City balances both ride comfort and handling very well.

Not everyone needs a stiff corner-carver. What I liked most about the City is how composed it is through road imperfections, better than all other subcompacts and comparable to previous generation compacts.

Steering is also light which makes it easy to use for tight streets and parking spaces.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Agree. The City balances both ride comfort and handling very well.

Not everyone needs a stiff corner-carver. What I liked most about the City is how composed it is through road imperfections, better than all other subcompacts and comparable to previous generation compacts.

Steering is also light which makes it easy to use for tight streets and parking spaces.

Wow really glad to hear this about the city. Cause actually, Im not looking to drive faster than other cars. My goal is just go to point a to point b without any hassle and with comfort. Now I know that it drives very good in the city. How about in the highway? Provincial roads? as well as long drives? Does it still hold its composure? I'm talking about City gen 2016 and up

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by trann123 View Post
    Wow really glad to hear this about the city. Cause actually, Im not looking to drive faster than other cars. My goal is just go to point a to point b without any hassle and with comfort. Now I know that it drives very good in the city. How about in the highway? Provincial roads? as well as long drives? Does it still hold its composure? I'm talking about City gen 2016 and up
    The new generation City is better than the previous generation. No issues on the highway even with our previous generation City.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The City is a very efficient highway cruiser, with enough overtaking power for provincial roads. The Civic has more power though of course if you can live with the higher fuel consumption. You'll also be getting an older 2012 Civic 1.8 EXi for the price of a 2015 City VX.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    I really appreciate your inputs, guys! It put things into perspective before I do my purchase. As for me, I'd probably stick to a 3-4 yr old city or civic... now it's time to decide if it's city or civic haha, cause it's both ma-"porma" (I think?). Can you guys put in some perspective on this?
    I don't think there's a better car for your budget and purpose than a used current gen (pre-facelift) City.

I would advise against financing pre-owned though as interest is steep unless you get your downpayment as close to 100%.

You can try talking to used car dealers or finance houses how much they will charge you for your balance and be in for a surprise.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    The City is a very efficient highway cruiser, with enough overtaking power for provincial roads. The Civic has more power though of course if you can live with the higher fuel consumption. You'll also be getting an older 2012 Civic 1.8 EXi for the price of a 2015 City VX.

True, id rather go with the later generation. Right?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    True, id rather go with the later generation. Right?
    Generally, yes. More years with no headaches for you.

Personally I'd go for the Civic just because it's a Civic vs the lower-tier City. Still looks better and has more appeal than a City. That said, the newer City is definitely more practical.

I had both (2012 Civic and 2016 City) for a time.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Generally, yes. More years with no headaches for you.

Personally I'd go for the Civic just because it's a Civic vs the lower-tier City. Still looks better and has more appeal than a City. That said, the newer City is definitely more practical.

I had both (2012 Civic and 2016 City) for a time.

As for the maintenance, hindi ba masakit sa ulo ang civic compared to the newer city?

Also, dyou guys have thoughts about Hyundai Accent?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    As for the maintenance, hindi ba masakit sa ulo ang civic compared to the newer city?

Also, dyou guys have thoughts about Hyundai Accent?
    For cars less than 8 years old or roughly 80,000 km, maintenance is pretty straightforward - just your usual fluid changes. Should cost slightly the same for the Civic and City.

It's when major stuff breaks down that the Civic comes out more expensive (i.e. suspension, aircon, alternator, etc). This usually needs replacement once you cross the 100-120,000 km mark.

The Accent is more fuel efficient and torquier than both the Civic and City since it's a diesel. Better for Baguio's uphills. But interior quality, ride comfort, and space aren't as good as the City.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    For cars less than 8 years old or roughly 80,000 km, maintenance is pretty straightforward - just your usual fluid changes. Should cost slightly the same for the Civic and City.

It's when major stuff breaks down that the Civic comes out more expensive (i.e. suspension, aircon, alternator, etc). This usually needs replacement once you cross the 100-120,000 km mark.

The Accent is more fuel efficient and torquier than both the Civic and City since it's a diesel. Better for Baguio's uphills. But interior quality, ride comfort, and space aren't as good as the City.

Ahhh i see. How about ride comfort pagdating sa m lubak lubak... civic fb or city 2015+?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Buying My First Car (300-400k budget)