New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wakoko79 View Post
    Sabi naman sakin, ok 2nd hand less than 5 years old, less than 50k km traveled.

For me naman, I would like my 1st car to last. So yung gusto ko na talaga na car sana.

Mas worth it ba ang bnew mirage hb kesa sa 2014 city vx kung reliability usapan?

Kasi kung porma at space practicality, laki ng lamang ng city sa mirage.
    City ka na. More cabin & trunk space. Honda reliability pa. Although may known faults ang generation ng city yan. Hindi na totoo yung sinasabi nilang mahal ang spare parts. Nowadays pantay if not mas mura pa ang parts sa Toyota. Kung sa casa ka bibili ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    ^
    Go for the 2nd hand city.
    Drive, space, and ergonomics is better.

But if the 2nd hand car you are looking for is more than 10yrs old, then that is the time to think about getting a bnew instead.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you can afford brand new, then go for brand new.
    but if you can not afford new,then you have no choice but to get a used car.

my feeling is,
    money-wise, getting a brand new car and banging it around and fixing it, ... is still cheaper than getting a used car, banging it around, then selling it once "you have learned how to drive" and getting that new car.

but i agree,
    there are many used cars out there that are good buys in every sense of the word.
    one just has to choose wisely.

but this is just me.
    I really appreciate your inputs, guys! It put things into perspective before I do my purchase. As for me, I'd probably stick to a 3-4 yr old city or civic... now it's time to decide if it's city or civic haha, cause it's both ma-"porma" (I think?). Can you guys put in some perspective on this?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by trann123 View Post
    I really appreciate your inputs, guys! It put things into perspective before I do my purchase. As for me, I'd probably stick to a 3-4 yr old city or civic... now it's time to decide if it's city or civic haha, cause it's both ma-"porma" (I think?). Can you guys put in some perspective on this?
    In the second hand market, newer is better most of the time. "Most".
    If the civic is older by 3 or 4 years old than the city that fits your budget, i'll most likely get the city instead.

You said you are in baguio, i think at a minimum, you should get a 1.5 displacement car so it wont be that much rev happy when on an incline. And also a higher ground clearance would help.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by trann123 View Post
    Hands down panis ang city sa civic sa porma, well almost in everything. Twing may napapadaan na civic fc, napapabalikwas talaga ako ng tingin.

Though higher displacement ung civic which means less fuel efficiency in city driving, I think. At least ung ung turo sakin. And civics are more expensive.

Though personally, i would still pick the current gen city over the civic fc. The civic fc just looks too glamorous for me. Siguro pag mayaman na ko pwede na ko mag civic.. Ung type r hahah.

About sa older gen looks, civic fd > city gm6 > city gm3 > civic fb. It still boils down to personal preference. Ganda pa din civic fd, pero luma na kc so my friend advised me to go for newer models.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    City ka na. More cabin & trunk space. Honda reliability pa. Although may known faults ang generation ng city yan. Hindi na totoo yung sinasabi nilang mahal ang spare parts. Nowadays pantay if not mas mura pa ang parts sa Toyota. Kung sa casa ka bibili ha.

Care to share the known faults of city?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    my former GF (now my wife hehe) used to own a GM city 2009 1.3S MT. Aside from normal wear and tear I could not think of anything that was considered as a known fault. But it was included in the takata airbag recall though.

I would choose the Civic FD/FB i like the space and the interior better than the city. The city is not cramped but just by look and feel I find the civic more spacious to my liking. Also I don't mind at all that the civic has a bigger engine.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you want something for spirited driving, I will not advise on the City. It’s a good appliance car as it can get you from point a to b in a reliable and fuel efficient manner. The City is designed for fuel efficiency and urban handling. However, the car is not too eager to accelerate, the steering is a bit numb, and the suspension is a bit soft.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you want something for spirited driving, I will not advise on the City. It’s a good appliance car as it can get you from point a to b in a reliable and fuel efficient manner. The City is designed for fuel efficiency and urban handling. However, the car is not too eager to accelerate, the steering is a bit numb, and the suspension is a bit soft.

sounds like a comfortable car for gramps, or ladies, to drive.
    hey! it's a compliment.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sounds like a comfortable car for gramps, or ladies, to drive.
    hey! it's a compliment.
    The City is Honda's equivalent to the Toyota Vios. If you want a better-driving version of the City, get the Jazz though it still lacks a bit of oomph.

If you want something that drives well for a Honda, get either the Civic or the Accord.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The City is Honda's equivalent to the Toyota Vios. If you want a better-driving version of the City, get the Jazz though it still lacks a bit of oomph.

If you want something that drives well for a Honda, get either the Civic or the Accord.
    The City is a quick car especially with the CVT, very big improvement over the old 5AT. Less than a second slower to 100 kph than the Civic. The manual is actually faster than a Civic 1.8 CVT too.

Also handles better than most subcompacts except the Fiesta and Mazda 2. Predictable body roll and drives nicely at the limit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Buying My First Car (300-400k budget)