New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Thanks everyone for all these valuable insights! I'll definitely consider all of your recommendations.

Currently looking at MG cars lol. What do you guys think about MG? Still doing more research on other options. Wish me luck, I hope I don't regret whatever decision I end up going with :P

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rinnosuke View Post
    Thanks everyone for all these valuable insights! I'll definitely consider all of your recommendations.

Currently looking at MG cars lol. What do you guys think about MG? Still doing more research on other options. Wish me luck, I hope I don't regret whatever decision I end up going with :P
    personally,
    i prefer to deal with the actual car owner-seller, than the bank.
    humans and i can talk back and forth, and we can come up with a deal that we both like.
    banks... they're usually robots.

some MG owners have mentioned their opinions somewhere here.
    if you buy one, you can tell us your MG review here.
    we eagerly await.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008

MG is still relatively new in the market. The ZS is basically a sales miracle. Reliability in the long term remains to be seen though, as it is basically a newbie Chinese brand now. If I were buying a brand new car, I would not want to be everyone else's guinea pig.

Though if you will just be keeping the car for a few years, really like it, and do not mind possible low resale value, by all means go ahead!

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If considering the MG ZS, I would suggest the Geely Coolray instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    You started the thread with the Honda Jazz - brand new

And I understand that there are a lot of other similarly priced tempting cars available in the local market.

Since this is your first car and we all don't know your personal know-how about car maintenance... I suggest that you look at brands you personally trust.

Walang sisihan/regrets 5-10 years later (also, we have no idea how long you plan to keep the car)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If considering the MG ZS, I would suggest the Geely Coolray instead.

Many good reviews about the coolray.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The Tito in me says for a first car, stick to the Japs. ZS and Coolray are nice but still haven't proven reliability. Maybe TS could get it as a second car in the future.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    The Tito in me says for a first car, stick to the Japs. ZS and Coolray are nice but still haven't proven reliability. Maybe TS could get it as a second car in the future.
    go tito!
    fortune may smile on the bold, but the conservative turtle wins over the aggressive hair.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    between the MG zs and the coolray. is the cool ray better?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    between the MG zs and the coolray. is the cool ray better?
    Yes, Coolray is better. It has a more powerful engine and better interior egonomics. The Coolray drives really well.

I have a Mitsubishi ASX and it fares less compared to the Coolray overall. The ASX feels outdated and it’s not as quick as the Coolray.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast