New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Lots of cheap cars less than 3 years old for sale now - many people are defaulting on their loans because of the economic downturn. Perfect time to go secondhand car shopping (as long as you know what you're doing).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Lots of cheap cars less than 3 years old for sale now - many people are defaulting on their loans because of the economic downturn. Perfect time to go secondhand car shopping (as long as you know what you're doing).

Those are bank repossess units if they auctioned or sell it at a low price will they not lose money? Because they already paid it in full to the car dealer.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rinnosuke View Post
    We're looking to get our first car (for me and my father). What would be your recommendations?

This will be our first car and I am a complete noob. At first, I was planning to get the 2020 honda jazz with the intent of paying it full in cold hard cash.

But then after more research, I learned that as a first time owner, it's probably better to get a 2nd hand car instead. I've read recommendations about japanese cars for their reliability. So this is what I've been looking for recently. But I am very open to other suggestions.

I was browsing the FB marketplace and saw a 2010 honda jazz at 385k and thought it was too expensive for such an old car? I also saw a 2014 honda city at 530k. So most probably I'm just being naive?

Getting a brand new car isn't out out the question yet - mostly for the guaranteed warranty and buying convenience. Instead of the 2020 jazz as our first, maybe the cheaper ones like the soluto, brio, dzire, reina would be better? I am not sure if it's worth it though.

You can tell I am confused af and cannot make up my mind yet so please enlighten me.

We don't have any specific requirements, it can be a sedan, suv, crossover, or whatever. Just something to get us from point a to point b during this pandemic. A balance between value for money and reliability. We live and work in Batangas btw.

P.S. How much do you pay a "trusted" mechanic?
    If money is not a problem, of course anyone would want a brand new car. If you are afraid you might break your heart should you break it, then I suggest you consider a slightly used unit. A 1-2 year old car, especially one from a multi-car garage, will most likely still be almost as good as new, especially if mileage is still in the 4-digits. You also get to save quite a bit thanks to depreciation. Enough for 1-2 years worth of gas (I spent 56k on gas for my daily driver last year). [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Given the current economic condition ... prices of new and used cars will still go down in the coming months ...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Yep, there are good finds in the repo lot. You just need to check them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Wow, look at that 2019 Kona, 3k kms at 685k, is this the 1.188k brand new? Almost half price at 1 year old?

Assume balance siguro.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Right now I have this 2018 Brio Amaze. 11k odo, Newly change oil (xteer + vic), new windshield tint (vkool) w/ 1yr comprehensive insurance and next year renewal of car registration. I have been using this vehicle recently and no problem whatsoever. Let me know if you are interested and I'll just use my bike going to and out of my office.....

Why so soon bro? I have a tern folder in the trunk and my next project and i think the future is folder e-bike or e-scoot.

I bet TS would benefit much from aftersales support from fellow tsikoteer. Basta tsikoteer garantisabog maayos ang sasakyan. hehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Why so soon bro? I have a tern folder in the trunk and my next project and i think the future is folder e-bike or e-scoot.

I bet TS would benefit much from aftersales support from fellow tsikoteer. Basta tsikoteer garantisabog maayos ang sasakyan. hehe
    Well, just trying if someone wants to buy this vehicle if not then its ok I'll keep it for awhile since it is not transferred yet to me. Oh yes most definitely buyer can be assured vehicle is well taken care of.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Wow, look at that 2019 Kona, 3k kms at 685k, is this the 1.188k brand new? Almost half price at 1 year old?

Assume balance siguro.
    1. owner not satisfied with the car;
    2. owner not satisfied with the service;
    3. owner's finances shattered, probably by covid.

is this just the beginning?
    will there be a massive increase in pre-owned cars for sale?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

let the buyer beware.

those prices are just for the cars.
    everything else is extra.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast