New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you have around 300k in cash, you can get yourself a used Civic FD (2006-2011). It is still a better car design over the new City or the Civic FB (2012-2015). You just to accept the fact that it may have run more miles for a used car but as long as you know its maintenance history is sold, then you have one decent used car. This way you need not worry about the monthly payments of a loan.

How much do you have on hand? Maybe you can work around that budget.
    thank you for the reply, actually that's my cash on hand right now around 300k. I actually considered getting an FD but having no friends/relatives who i can trust that owned a used car this might be a bit of a stretch.

With that you also suggested a mid size sedan (camry/accord/mazda 6) but my budget wont permit a car that uses a lot of gas. Also, i plan to use this as a daily car that goes to baguio occasionally.

If you guys also know some used car dealers that have true "good quality" cars. Please let me know

Also to give you context, i am planning to use this car for the rest of its life.
    a good combination of reliability, power and good fc always points me to the civic.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Since you'll make it a daily driver pala, get a brand new city na lang. Less hassle in the maintenance since hindi pa gamit ang unit so you are basically worry free about it. If you are stable na or have earned up sufficiently, maybe in the future you could sell it and replace it with the better new civic rs turbo. Who knows. Diba nga pag gusto, may paraan?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Save up some more ... avoid buying a car (new or used) if budget is very limited ... if you really need to, buy a subcompact ... acquisition cost is cheaper, fuel is cheaper, maintenance is cheaper ... work harder and buy you dream car sometime in the future ...

Best to buy a used car directly from owner ... there are several online sites to browse ... then there's Facebook ... avoid buy and sell dealers ... they almost always "reset" the odometer ...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vorkalito View Post
    thank you for the reply, actually that's my cash on hand right now around 300k. I actually considered getting an FD but having no friends/relatives who i can trust that owned a used car this might be a bit of a stretch.

With that you also suggested a mid size sedan (camry/accord/mazda 6) but my budget wont permit a car that uses a lot of gas. Also, i plan to use this as a daily car that goes to baguio occasionally.

If you guys also know some used car dealers that have true "good quality" cars. Please let me know

Also to give you context, i am planning to use this car for the rest of its life.
    a good combination of reliability, power and good fc always points me to the civic.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES
    Sir, if 300k lang cash on hand mo, just save up. You willing to zero out your cash for a car that will be a long financial commitment? Also, the civic isn't really super reliable. Promise.

Save up na lang, just keep your corolla until you get a better job.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    300k can get you a 10+ year old midsize sedan. Right now there is hardly any price difference between 2.4 and V6 variants for these models. If in good condition, these cars are very rewarding to drive especially in the highway where they are actually quite thrifty. Japanese midsize sedans are also quite reliable, if our experience with the 2005 Accord 2.4 is any indication.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    2008 Honda Accords are still 400T+ ...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    2008 Honda Accords are still 400T+ ...
    Some of those can be negotiated for around 50k less. In some gated villages, there is a big chance of people selling their 10-year-old Accords/Camrys for just over 300k. These folks need to sell them quick as they may not have enough room for parking.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    7th gens (03-07) can be had for 300, some even less.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Hello Sirs,

I opted to buy Honda City MT, meron akong nakuhang great deal sa Honda for brand new old stock..

Thanks all for your suggestions and opinions!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vorkalito View Post
    Hello Sirs,

I opted to buy Honda City MT, meron akong nakuhang great deal sa Honda for brand new old stock..

Thanks all for your suggestions and opinions!
    Can you PM me your deal and where? Hehe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast