New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    What are the down sides of buying a demo car? It has 800kms on it. I've been waiting for a brand new one kasi for over a month and still wala pa stock for the car that i want. Dealer is giving me a huge discount. Should i wait na 2-3 weeks more pa daw.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    why not ask for the display unit instead, atleast pinto lang ang nagagamit.
    my family bought a display unit way back 2001, we had discounts din.
    pero i think mas malaki makukuha discount sa mga demo unit, but still,
    the display unit we bought had a lot less than 800km ang tinakbo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    They dont have a display unit of the model that i want. If meron lang i would've taken it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont see it much of an issue. it is still casa maintained and of low kilometer reading.
    just make sure you get the proper and significant discount dahil demo unit nga sya.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Laki discount binigay sa akin that's why im tempted to get it na. Worry ko lang baka in the long run magka problem.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    bro ano bang exotic unit yan? :naughty2:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You've waited for a month, what is 2-3 weeks more?

Beneath the shine of a demo-unit is usually the "unknown" variable.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    What's the worst problem a demo unit can have? It's supposed to be in top condition since prospective buyers will test it and the 1st impressions will last. I don't think the dealer would let a possible sale go to waste kung masisira image nila sa isang defective unit, right? Its still basically new IMO.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    800 km only? that is as brand new as new can be. it's not as if somebody left a booger on the steering wheel that can't be wiped off. mga ganyan nga inaabangan ko e, unfortunately di pa ko nakakatsamba kahit minsan.

year end na so 50% off?

the only downside i see, if kung kinahoy ang parts. alam mo na baka may ogag sa service, kinuha a/c compressor pinalitan ng repaired unit. but kung lagi naman nasa showroom chances are slim.
    Last edited by yebo; December 2nd, 2014 at 05:44 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    demo unit are usually driven hard, specially if they were loaned to the media and some trusted service agent who reached their quota.

good draw back is the discount but if a future problems occur, expect the vehicle to be out of comission for months due to parts availability.

i would rather wait for a real new unit. - just my opinion.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast