New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Im pretty sure there are discounts for the focus. You should also add the Mazda 3 1.5 to your choices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Actually i considered this too. Kaso parang bitin yung 1.5L na non turbo pero will test drive din. Baka ok naman. Kasi ako sa 1.6 altis ko ngayon medyo feel ko talagang underpowered specially pag may sakay na eh.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chicosci View Post
    Actually i considered this too. Kaso parang bitin yung 1.5L na non turbo pero will test drive din. Baka ok naman. Kasi ako sa 1.6 altis ko ngayon medyo feel ko talagang underpowered specially pag may sakay na eh.

Ok yan sir. Im pretty sure hindi bitin mga 1.5 ngayon in general. Unless of course, your definition of "bitin" is the same as a drag racer's. In which case, you should get a V6/V8 hehe.

Altis 1.6 on the other hand, is indeed heavy sabi ng iba. I like how the altis looks though. Sleek.
    Well true ok talaga engine ni focus. Kaso mga sir would you know ano consumption ng focus sa edsa traffic? Thanks

Try mo mag-browse/post sa "ford cars talk" section sir, baka meron dun.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012

The 1.5 is enough and has the same ICE as the 2.0. The ecoboost is claimed to have poor fuel consumption according to reviews, but its the fastest.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    The 1.5 is enough and has the same ICE as the 2.0. The ecoboost is claimed to have poor fuel consumption according to reviews, but its the fastest.

Ahhh yeah. Actually ok tlga si 1.5 in terms of ice naman. Hmmm need to test drive talaga.

Regarding sa focus. Yeah, from what i read medyo malaki padin siya sa gas lalo na pag traffic.

My current altis averages around 6-6.5km/ltr. Kaya was look for a more efficient car sana for rush hour traffic.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jettp0gi View Post
    Ok yan sir. Im pretty sure hindi bitin mga 1.5 ngayon in general. Unless of course, your definition of "bitin" is the same as a drag racer's. In which case, you should get a V6/V8 hehe.

Altis 1.6 on the other hand, is indeed heavy sabi ng iba. I like how the altis looks though. Sleek.

Try mo mag-browse/post sa "ford cars talk" section sir, baka meron dun.

Yeah. Mas ok na ata mga config ng transmission ngayn. Kasi my 1.6 altis talaga medyo mabigat ang feeling nya.

Tska medyo concerned lang ako sa fc ni 1.5 kasi baka.since medyo bigat ang kaha..malakas sa gas hehe

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yeah. Mas ok na ata mga config ng transmission ngayn. Kasi my 1.6 altis talaga medyo mabigat ang feeling nya.

Tska medyo concerned lang ako sa fc ni 1.5 kasi baka.since medyo bigat ang kaha..malakas sa gas hehe

My city reads 8-9 km/L for 800+ km of FVR-C5 rush hour traffic. Lower nung bago-bago pa (6-7 lang ata dati). Highly probable na same lang yan sa jazz. Not sure though sa mazda. Good enough sir? Buying a car worth around 1M

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The 1.5V Mazda 3 feels roughly as powerful as the 1.6 Altis CVT. The Altis just has more torque at the lower end of the rev range, while you have to rev the Mazda a bit harder to get some decent grunt.

Compared to your Altis, which only has 109 hp and an ancient 4AT, the current Altis has a Dual VVTi engine with 122 hp and a CVT that's a really good match especially for city driving.

I haven't driven the new Civic with the 1.8 and CVT, but the old one with the same 1.8 paired with a 5AT gave good performance, but like the Mazda, needed to be revved. So in normal city driving where you don't usually exceed 3000 rpm, the Altis feels livelier.

FC of the Mazda 3, Altis, and City are all roughly the same for city driving. Not sure with the Mazda but the Altis and City can reach 20 km/L on the highway if driven sedately at a constant 80-90 kph.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Dry type Dual clutch pa ba ung new focus tranny? If yes, stay away with it lalo na pag stop and go trapik mo gagamitin madalas. Just go with conventional torcon type AT or CVT.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    Dry type Dual clutch pa ba ung new focus tranny? If yes, stay away with it lalo na pag stop and go trapik mo gagamitin madalas. Just go with conventional torcon type AT or CVT.
    The Focus 1.5L Ecoboost uses a traditional 6-speed AT, similar to what the Escape Ecoboost is using. The torque output of 240Nm is more than the 200Nm limit of Ford's dry-type DCT.

A friend and fellow carnut just got himself a Focus Ecoboost, the base model for just over 1M. He feels all the other features (active city stop, automated parking, etc.) is not worth it for 200k more and may be a problem to maintain later on.

It is very quick for a compact car, around 8 seconds for a 0-100kmh sprint, though most reviews say it is a second slower than the new Civic 1.5L turbo. The power output of 180hp is easily attainable as Ford's Ecoboost engines can rev easily to redline. City driving FC is around 6 km/L. Reviews in the US state that the Civic 1.5L Turbo offers better fuel consumption as the Focus weighs 100kg more than the Civic 1.5L Turbo.

If you like a quick car with very good driving dynamics for 1M, the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost is your best bet. Talk about midsize car power/torque output in a compact platform. The Civic Turbo is also nice but it costs 300k more.

If you prefer a comfort-oriented compact sedan for 1M, it's a choice between the Nissan Sylphy 1.8V or Toyota Altis 1.6V. These two cars offer the biggest interiors.
    Last edited by Egan101; July 17th, 2016 at 10:08 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Focus 1.5L Ecoboost uses a traditional 6-speed AT, similar to what the Escape Ecoboost is using. The torque output of 240Nm is more than the 200Nm limit of Ford's dry-type DCT.

A friend and fellow carnut just got himself a Focus Ecoboost, the base model for just over 1M. He feels all the other features (active city stop, automated parking, etc.) is not worth it for 200k more and may be a problem to maintain later on.

It is very quick for a compact car, around 8 seconds for a 0-100kmh sprint, though most reviews say it is a second slower than the new Civic 1.5L turbo. The power output of 180hp is easily attainable as Ford's Ecoboost engines can rev easily to redline. City driving FC is around 6 km/L. Reviews in the US state that the Civic 1.5L Turbo offers better fuel consumption as the Focus weighs 100kg more than the Civic 1.5L Turbo.

If you like a quick car with very good driving dynamics for 1M, the Focus 1.5L Ecoboost is your best bet. Talk about midsize car power/torque output in a compact platform. The Civic Turbo is also nice but it costs 300k more.

If you prefer a comfort-oriented compact sedan for 1M, it's a choice between the Nissan Sylphy 1.8V or Toyota Altis 1.6V. These two cars offer the biggest interiors.
    You can always reflash or chip for more power when those come out for the 1.5.

It's still a wait-and-see for me, but I actually would trust the 6AT much more than the previous dual clutch transmission.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast