New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Nakapili na ba si TS ng kotse nya? I do hope he can update us on his choice.

For something like 1M, the best option I have encountered is a VW Jetta 1.6TDI DSG. We got it though thru a corporate discount. It will take over the family hauler chores of the old City 1.5L.

If VW decides to sell the same model to the public with the same discount, I am sure they will get some serious sales figures on it. The quality of the build and finish is better than other compacts in the market. Another plus is that it comes with a turbo diesel engine.

+1000 on this. actually the TFSI version is quite good already, don't know how much it is though after discounts. I think the Jetta's also a bit bigger than a compact, but smaller than a midsize.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    +1000 on this. actually the TFSI version is quite good already, don't know how much it is though after discounts. I think the Jetta's also a bit bigger than a compact, but smaller than a midsize.
    The Jetta 1.4T is around 1.3M with discounts. I have test-driven the Golf 1.4T (same turbo gas engine with the Jetta and Beetle) and it feels more powerful than the output figures suggest.

The LTO classification for the Jetta is already a medium. The interior and exterior dimensions are similar to old Accords.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi all, havent decided yet but leaning towards the civic right now followed by the mazda 3 then sylphy. I am scheduled for a test drive this weekend. Hopefully this helps me choose further. Tempted din ako mag 2.0 na mazda 3 because of the looks and features.. medyo ndi ko trip exterior ng volks eh.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Jetta 1.4T is around 1.3M with discounts. I have test-driven the Golf 1.4T (same turbo gas engine with the Jetta and Beetle) and it feels more powerful than the output figures suggest.
    I agree to this. We got to test drive the Beetle over one weekend before and the engine really kicks (unless the speedo is one big liar... hehe).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Done my test drive na. I choose the civic. Very nice car and sarap i drive. Although when i tested the mazda 3. Ang ganda ng handling nya hehe. Now waiting for my unit nalang

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Sir, ayaw mo ba ng compact SUV? Para sa baha.

Quote Originally Posted by chicosci View Post
    Hi all, havent decided yet but leaning towards the civic right now followed by the mazda 3 then sylphy. I am scheduled for a test drive this weekend. Hopefully this helps me choose further. Tempted din ako mag 2.0 na mazda 3 because of the looks and features.. medyo ndi ko trip exterior ng volks eh.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chicosci View Post
    Hi all,

I am planning to buy a car to be used as a daily ride. It will be a replacement for my 2008 altis 1.6v. Here are my top considerations.

1.) Nissan Sylphy 1.8 upper
    2.) Honda Jazz VX+ CVT
    3.) All new Honda Civic 1.8E. (This is kind of a budget stretch)

My decision points are the following

1.) FC (QC to Makati via edsa rush hour)
    2.) Ride quality
    3.) PMS Cost (CASA)
    4.) ICE

Thank you.

go for the honda city vx mucch better than jazz for me. cheap to maintain and fuel effficiency is not far from vios

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kdbayashi77 View Post
    go for the honda city vx mucch better than jazz for me. cheap to maintain and fuel effficiency is not far from vios
    The City and Jazz are mechanically the same, so fuel efficiency and maintenance costs are the same. What makes you say that the City is "much better" than the Jazz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345