New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sir, need your guidance on this situation.

I am aiming to buy a "project car". To my knowledge, the car has been in the garage for 10 years now and I suspect that it has not been registered to LTO since the owner (whose name is in the OR/CR) has been gone now.

I understand that late registration will hit me a "late registration" penalty charge. which should be OK.

How about the transfer of ownership, how should this be handled if the owner is gone?

Need to do this assessment before making a formal offer.

Hope to hear from you sir.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
    Sir, need your guidance on this situation.

I am aiming to buy a "project car". To my knowledge, the car has been in the garage for 10 years now and I suspect that it has not been registered to LTO since the owner (whose name is in the OR/CR) has been gone now.

I understand that late registration will hit me a "late registration" penalty charge. which should be OK.

How about the transfer of ownership, how should this be handled if the owner is gone?

Need to do this assessment before making a formal offer.

Hope to hear from you sir.
    inquire ka sa any LTO office nearest you, posible yan bro.....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    kakagawa lang namin nito last year, when my dad passed away. Although kami yung seller, unlike you, ikaw ang buyer. I think what we did was dinaan muna sa tita ko, bali, nilipat from my dad to my tita, then ganun namin binenta. I don't remember how though, I'll get back to you when I get more info.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *Dodongo, thank you.

paano po ninyo nailipat ang ownership sa tita mo? anong paper and legalities ang involve po?

thank you.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diba dapat "mana" na yan nung naiwan? so sa kanila na dapat yan. baka kelangan pa ipa-court? intestate proceedings kung walang will ata.

Buying a car: owner deceased