New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi everyone just registered here in tsikot I was having a problem registering fot the longest time because of "spambot" warning

I will be buying a car and I have a budget of 150k and I am choosing between a toyota corolla gli or a lancer glxi which is better for fuel efficiency?

I will be using the car mainly for city driving...

Thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    They are basically the same as they both have struts on all 4 sides and 115hp 1.6L DOHC 16 valve engines. You shouldn't go wrong with either one as they are both very good vehicles considering that they are both well maintained. But then AFAIK you can get the GLXi for a lower price.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    They are basically the same as they both have struts on all 4 sides and 115hp 1.6L DOHC 16 valve engines. You shouldn't go wrong with either one as they are both very good vehicles considering that they are both well maintained. But then AFAIK you can get the GLXi for a lower price.
    Thank you sir!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    The lancer glxi variant is the only one that is already EFI am i right? What glxi year model can a 150k - 200k budget get? How does it fair with nissan super saloon and a corolla GLI?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Lancer Itlogs ('93-'96) go for less than 200k. You'd get a '96 model for around 170k. '96 model Corollas go for approximately the same price but there are those priced above 200k. I am not sure how it'd fare against the other two, but what I can say is that it is a very dependable car. My uncle had a '94 GLXi and he lives in Baguio. He just sold it recently with over 200t kms on the clock since he was looking for a newer car. Talagang pangharabas ang kotseng iyan. Despite its extremely neglected condition, he used it for going to and from Manila and can attain speeds in excess of 160km/h in the highway, run around Baguio without breaking a sweat, and it regularly ferries organic vegetables from his farm.

Buying a car