New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost recon View Post
    his/her mind is already fixed with montero so there's no need to suggest any other vehicle brand.

baka ito sana question niya:

"ano pa mga goodies nakalagay sa montero na hindi nasulat sa brochure?"
    Tama ka. Sana hindi nalang gumawa ng comparo kung ganun, diba?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pero ok naman montero.

kaya lang dito kasi sa amin pag montero yong sasakyan parang galing sa mt. diwalwal nyahahaha

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    gusto lang nya ng confirmation

basta kung ako ayaw ko ng montero. kantyawan kasi sa amin yong mt. diwalwal hahaha

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sddefiant View Post
    I swear. Muntik na kaming mamatay dahil sa korean car namin. Total hydraulic failure ba naman? Tapos sa ibabaw pa ng Katipunan flyover on a school morning? Try stopping while on a downhill slope without normal brakes, no power steering and yung parking brake paa ang pang-engage.

Ano pa ba merong cars/SUVs/hatches at that price range?

And meron ba nakaka-alam kung magkakaroon ba ng next year's Montero before May? And kung ano difference nito sa now-Montero?
    Ano ba yung old Korean car niyo?

Baka magkaroon ng minor chage sa Montero Sport next year, papalitan na ng VGT yung current Turbo ng Montero Sport 2.5Li.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I swear. Muntik na kaming mamatay dahil sa korean car namin. Total hydraulic failure ba naman? Tapos sa ibabaw pa ng Katipunan flyover on a school morning? Try stopping while on a downhill slope without normal brakes, no power steering and yung parking brake paa ang pang-engage.

Ano pa ba merong cars/SUVs/hatches at that price range?

And meron ba nakaka-alam kung magkakaroon ba ng next year's Montero before May? And kung ano difference nito sa now-Montero?
    It can happen to ANY car (brand or manufacturer).. sorry about that but it should not tie your hands down to what is seen by most tsikoteers here as a good buy, Korean-made, or not.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Actually I'm waiting for my Tucson and Santa Fe to kill me because of the powerful engine

There's nothing wrong with the Montero Sport. Nung dumating yung Santa Fe wala nalang talaga gumagamit sa kanya. I still prefer our 8-year old Trooper. Hehehehe
    I thought you were going to bring the Trooper to the farm? Why did it become the Montero Sport? Why do you say you like the Trooper more? I'm very curious as you actually preferred the older car.

I really like the Santa Fe and I would really want to have one kung umoo si Lord. Who knows? He might bless me with the 4x4 variant!

*sddefiant: What is your Korean car ba? I'm curious, as I only know of newer model Korean cars with foot actuated parking brakes. Korean cars have come a long way, even the picky American families gave their nod. The NHTSA has also proven how fast Hyundai cars can be. Remember the Sonata 3.3V6 that ran 147MPH? And the thousands of Pinoy families who bought the Hyundai Starex from 1st generation till now couldn't be wrong, right? Even till today, many 1st gen Starexes have already piled up high mileages are still running great!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    For the Camry or Sonata, super fuel killer yan... Diesels.

And irony first car ko, I have to make do with all the way until I make it to the end of medschool. and college pa Lang ako... [SIZE=5]Kahit on the rise nag Korean cars and such, I wouldn't trust them to deliver a car with that caliber of reliability...[/SIZE]

6-7km/l isn't so bad Kung diesel... Kaso that's unacceptable Kung gasoline. Masyado mahal... And I hear very few gas engines have fuel consumptions in the city higher than 8km/l...
    mga taxi dito bro, 80% Hyundai Elantra.....Naihahatid naman mga pasahero sa patutunguhan nila....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I thought you were going to bring the Trooper to the farm? Why did it become the Montero Sport? Why do you say you like the Trooper more? I'm very curious as you actually preferred the older car.

I really like the Santa Fe and I would really want to have one kung umoo si Lord. Who knows? He might bless me with the 4x4 variant!

*sddefiant: What is your Korean car ba? I'm curious, as I only know of newer model Korean cars with foot actuated parking brakes. Korean cars have come a long way, even the picky American families gave their nod. The NHTSA has also proven how fast Hyundai cars can be. Remember the Sonata 3.3V6 that ran 147MPH? And the thousands of Pinoy families who bought the Hyundai Starex from 1st generation till now couldn't be wrong, right? Even till today, many 1st gen Starexes have already piled up high mileages are still running great!
    Ang haciendero maraming farms Hahahaha

Kidding aside, yung Trooper sa Rizal then yung Monty para sa Laguna.

Ganito.. bakit mas gusto ko yung Trooper? IMHO, mas comfortable parin yung Trooper than Montero, more powerful 4JX1 kahit failure. I don't consider the Trooper as an old car. Kung tutuusin mas matibay yun sa Montero Sport (except the engine)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa singapore mga sonata ang taxi nila most of them raking up unimaginable mileage for a new car. total hydraulic failure could result from just a broken fan belt.
    Last edited by afrasay; November 23rd, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007

vs.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast