New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I don't know what to get. We prefer diesel (basta CRDi, Turbo-Intercooler)
    Kaso okay lang gasoline, basta reasonable yung fuel economy..

We might buy between March and May, 2011.
    Budget limit is PhP 1,500,000

Options so far:
    '10/'11 Ford Focus 2.0L TDCi + PSDCT
    '10/'11 Mitsubishi Monterosport 2.5L GLS
    '10/'11 Ford Everest 2.5L TDCi 4x2 A/T

Personal preference ko yung '10/'11 Focus.. Parents prefer Monterosport.
    Kaso maglalabas na ng '12 Focus sa US/Europe/China from January to March 2011.. Nakaktakot tuloy bumili ng '10/'11 Focus.. Do you think I should wait? Or go for one of the models above? Or do you think kayang magpaimport ng '12 Focus TDCi from somewhere?

Ayaw ng parents ng second-hand, so brand-new lahat ng options.

Driving style: Slow, gentle, hataw kung mainis XD
    Usual purpose: School hatid-sundo
    Number of passengers (usually): Driver + 1 Passenger

Other car suggestions welcome :D

Extra info on the cars and other suggestions = very, very helpful.
    Fuel consumptions, please?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ano ba kailangan mo sa kotse? All around ba ito or personal use mo lang?

The Montero Sport and Everest have better overall usage, pero syempre the Focus will be better for personal use kasi mas matipid...

And if ever Focus I would wait for the Mk3 Focus

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I wish I had your dilemma

I'd go for the Montero Sport.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    It's technically a personal car first and a family car second. We're a family of four (big people)..

I'm torn between yielding to my mom's wishes to get a Montero.
    Or being trapped driving an "old" '10/'11 Focus because the '12 Focus is coming really, really soon.

To me kasi.. Parang it doesnt make sense na yung magiging second car ng family (this we're discussing) ay para lang nung first car namin.. We already have a Toyota Fortuner 3.0D4-D...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hyundai Santa Fe!!!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Beyond budget, I think..

And we have nasty, nasty experiences with Korean made stuff (Cars included).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sddefiant View Post
    Beyond budget, I think..

Too bad. I just test drove the Hyundai Sonata and it's a great car, enough to par and even surpass the Camry on most aspects. And this is only slightly more than the Ford Focus TDCi.

Toyota Camry 2.5G = P1.451M

Hyundai Sonata 2.4L GLS = P1.368M

Ford Focus TDCi 4dr = P1.195M
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 22nd, 2010 at 06:08 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sddefiant View Post
    Beyond budget, I think..

The Santa Fe 2.2ReVGT costs just P1.558M and there are still discounts that apply. If you feel that its still to expensive, there's the Tucson 2.0ReVGT at 1.338M. And yes, the Sonata is worth considering the materials used are good, and it looks so good that everyone, even those driving European sedans, will be looking at you as you drive by, especially if you've got shiny 19 inch rims on. Power is quite good as well, though do not expect to get good fuel economy figures with this one as its just as thirsty as any other 2.4 liter sedan in the market (my definition if "thirsty" may differ from yours, though) and by that I mean around 6-7km/l city driving.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Tangalin mo na yung biased mo towards Korean... The Koreans are now on the rise in everything. From cars, to electronics, telenovelas and as a nation... Japan is the opposite, bumabagsak na kalidad nila, their population is shrinking and its a very stymied country...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    For the Camry or Sonata, super fuel killer yan... Diesels.

And irony first car ko, I have to make do with all the way until I make it to the end of medschool. and college pa Lang ako... Kahit on the rise nag Korean cars and such, I wouldn't trust them to deliver a car with that caliber of reliability...

6-7km/l isn't so bad Kung diesel... Kaso that's unacceptable Kung gasoline. Masyado mahal... And I hear very few gas engines have fuel consumptions in the city higher than 8km/l...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast