New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by powerfox View Post
    Alright, I guess we're skipping on the Cruze nalang. Pero pumayag parents ko sa Focus. Eto nalang so far ang nasa list.

City 1.5E
    Hyundai Elantra 1.8 or 1.6
    Ford Focus TDCI

Sobrang sulit ba nung Focus in terms of expenses sa diesel? Kasi medyo malaki laki rin idadagdag namin sa budget kung Focus kukunin.
    Assuming that the Focus TDCi gets 10 km/L in the city while the Elantra GLS gets 8 Km/L in the same conditions, that gas is at 48 pesos while diesel is at 39, and that you travel an annual mileage of about 15,000 KM:

Focus: (15,000 KM) / (10 km/L) * 39 Php/L = Php 58,500 per year
    Elantra: 15,000 KM) / (8 km/L) * 48 Php/L = Php 90,000 per year

That's an annual savings of 31,500. In about 2 years, you'd actually end up saving more if you got a Focus TDCi at 1.015M than an Elantra at 958k.

Kahit iconsider mo yung mas mahal na maintenance, in the long run mas sulit pa rin Focus.

Aside from the fuel savings, kaya sulit yung Focus ay:

- it's unbelievably fast
    - it handles superbly
    - it's a TOTL model that already has automatic climate control, leather seats, automatic this and that

Now when comparing against the City or Elantra 1.6, I still think that if you can afford it, you should go for the Focus. It's simply a better car. Aside from objective benefits, mas malakas ang dating ng Focus TDCi kaysa City or base Elantra.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    For a budget of 900k, the 1.6AT Elantra is the clear winner. Gives much much more than the City from a practicality standpoint.

For a budget of 950k, the 1.8AT Elantra wins hand down. It is THE bang for the buck choice in the less than 1M budget, unless you do not want a sedan. The 70k difference with the 1.6 is definitely worth it.

Drawback is that the lines are looooooong...

If you're willing to go over your budget, the TDCi might be a good choice. I am not fully sold on it since:
    a) you're going over budget
    b) it's a ford, and since you live in the province, I don't know how parts availability may be a future problem
    c) even with better FC, the Focus TDCi will still give you higher cost on maintenance, insurance, etc
    d) will your folks actually get to appreciate all the bells, whistles and superior performance?

Btw, scratch the City off the list. It doesn't deserve to be there.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Nasa 1.015M parin yung Focus TDCi after discount.
    Hi sir. Tanong ko lang po if yung 1.015M ba ay current price sa casa? Kasi parang sabi ng iba kong kakilala 50k lang daw po ang binawas nila e, so around 1.076M po if ever. Thanks sir!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vefyjeph View Post
    ganito din ako a few weeks ago. I end up getting Elantra 1.6AT.

Here are my short list bago ako kumuha.
    1. Elantra 1.6 AT; medyo out of budget range na kasi yung 1.8AT.

2. Toyota Vios 1.5 SE - for practicality. Almost ito na kukunin ko sana. Pero at the last moment na pinacocompare namin ni misis yung picture ng Vios vs Elantra/Accent/City, nagbago isip namin...

3. Suzuki SX4 - I was able to haggle up to 90k discount so 809k na sya. Okay ito kung gusto mo maging kakaiba kasi konti lang ito sa road. Medyo nag alangan lang ako sa parts availability and resale kaya umatras.

4. Honda City 1.5 AT - parang namahalan ako sa kanya vs sa features nya. Nagtipid pa sa spare tire.
    I tried to haggle kaso di talaga makakuha discount. I was able to get discount before sa 2010 civic kaso wala talaga sila ibigay na discount this year.

5. Toyota Altis 1.6V - lampas na sa budget. Oks sana yung G kaso requirement is 2 airbags.

6. Hyundai Accent 1.6 - eto kasi wala knocking issue. Kaso very rare at the moment or wala unit sa CASAs.
    Medyo same nga po tayo ng dilemma. Haha. Anyway, congrats on your new ride sir!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Update lang po mga tsikoters. Medyo mapapakagat na ata kami sa Focus na TDCI. Haha. Dadagdagan nalang namin ng konti ang budget. Tapos unti unti namin bibihisan kung sakaling yun ang kukunin namin.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Congrats! Mas mabuti nang dumagdag ng konti sa budget kung mas masaya ka naman, kaysa yung magsesettle ka for something that'll never really scratch your itch.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345