New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    is it still practical? or is it still better to buy a pre owned unit thats just been used for under a year or 2? hirap kasi,ikaw yun sasalo ng depreciation

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ganyan talaga basta brandnew, to be honest mas ok bumili ng 1-2 yr old car, dyan sulit na kasi laki difference sa bnew price.

pero ako sa brandnew pa rin, iba talaga pag drive mo palabas ng casa tapos bagong bago then ikaw lalaspag sa sasakyan

if you want to be practical, 2nd hand 1-2yr old car, if you want to live it up, brandnew

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you don't have much spare time to tinker with cars, brand new units do offer a bit more peace of mind. Of course, there will always be the risk of getting a lemon.

There are also attractive financing schemes for brand new units. You may end up paying a lot more than SRP but at least you don't have to pay with a bag full of cash. hehehe.

But I still like used cars better since they're kind of a hobby for almost everyone in the household.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    If you don't have much spare time to tinker with cars, brand new units do offer a bit more peace of mind. Of course, there will always be the risk of getting a lemon.

I agree. I want to do some tinkering, kaso it may be counter productive (from good to bad).

I got mine via company car loan. Masmahirap kung pre-owned ang car na kukunin ko kasya sa brand new. Kailangan pa kasi na ma assess ito (same preocedure din sa mga banks), etc.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The last time I bought a bnew car in 1996 (Sentra S3), I subsisted on water and crackers (SkyFlakes). Kaya I vowed to buy a 2nd hand car the next time around.

Manghihinayang ka kasi sa bilis ng depreciation, esp. for certain makes and models (Nissan, for one).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    The last time I bought a bnew car in 1996 (Sentra S3), I subsisted on water and crackers (SkyFlakes)

nag wish ka ba? Joke lang.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    brand new. . . nakaka addict yung amuy ng bagong car. . .

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    practicality wise, it is better if you get at most a two year old car.

i've heard someone say before, that if you are getting a brand new car, the moment you drove it out of the casa, it is already depreciated because it is considered as used already.

i've heard also someone say that if you are getting a brand new car, the moment you drove it out of the casa, the price is already depreciated by 100k. i really don't know if this is true. but i think the first hearsay i've stated above is true.

for used car dealerships, i've seen one to two year old cars that are really ok, and can be used for another three to five years.

but of course, if you really don't want to tinker your car, or really do basic diagnosis, mas maganda ang brand new, dahil under warranty.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If you're like me, a car buff but lacking that certain knack (and spare time) for fixing things then go for brand new.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung matagal nyo naman balak gamitin like 5yrs pataas mag bnew nalang po kau. personnal experience ung L300 namen 2nd hand binili wish ko sana nag bnew nalang kame. ung charade naman 2nd hand din binili super sulit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
buying a bnew car