New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Good day mga Sir,

I'm a newbie po dito sa Tsikot.com and I really want to know kung ano po ang mga pros and cons on buying a second car. My father and I used to go to car dealers (Pasay and Q.C area) and to be honest, nakakalito talaga pumili. Anyway, here's our set-up:

Car set-up: Compact or SUV
    Transmission: Manual
    Budget: 250k - 300k for DP, willing to pay 3years up to 4 years (if applicable)
    Preferred brands: Mitsubishi Pajero (95-98), Toyota Innova G, Toyota Vios 1.3 E (2010 or 2011), Toyota Altis (2008 - 2010)

I saw two (2) Mitsubishi Pajero (95') in one of car dealers na pinuntahan namin, at yes, na-inlove talaga ako sa kanila and still on the top on my list, both unit has a 84,000km mileage, I would like to ask if we can consider on investing on the unit since malaki po ang family namin. The Innova G is a back-up unit just in case maraming negative feedback on the Pajero.

The Vios and Altis are also on our list, especially commuter cars sila ang pwede sa araw-araw na gamit.

Hope to receive a feedback from you mga Sirs! We really need some help.

Thank you! and God bless

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    250-300k for DP?

Mag-brand new ka nalang! Willing to pay 3 to 4 years installment ka pa pala eh.

Yung iba nga wala pang 100k pang-DP pero nagbbrand new, ikaw pa kaya.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I suggest if 2nd hand car dealers talaga ang gusto mo, mag certified pre-owned units ka na lang. Meron sa Toyota Balintawak. Sure ka pa sa history ng auto, comes with a limited warranty and ligtas ka sa mga tampered mileage issues sa ibang secondhand car dealers. I suggest you go for an Altis.

Happy hunting.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Sir renzo_d10,

Thank you sa reply Sir! Actually, I'm the one who will handle the monthly amortization of the unit kaya naghahanap ako ng papasok sa monthly budget. Our first choice is the Vios or Altis but nabasag yung set-up ko when I saw the Pajero, dream car ko kasi yun. However, nag-alangan ako kasi the unit is 95' model at two years nalang 20 years old na siya, nasa isip ko din na baka abutan ako ng mga sira (if ever). Target kasi namin is maisakay ang buong family pag december.

Anyway, we're going to consider pa din having a brand new car, thank you Sir! God bless.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Good day Sir basti08,

Medyo malayo pala yung Toyota Branch na may certified pre-owned units, hehehe, sa Las Piñas area po kasi kami. Anyway, my choice if not having a SUV is to have a second hand Vios or Altis, bukod sa fuel efficient sila ay magiging magaan ang monthly amortization, I will be the one to handle the monthly payment, hehehe.

Anyway, very well noted Sir, I might try to go to Toyota Balintawak after ng holyweek to check the area.

Thank sa reply Sir! God bless

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlfg09 View Post
    Good day Sir basti08,

Medyo malayo pala yung Toyota Branch na may certified pre-owned units, hehehe, sa Las Piñas area po kasi kami. Anyway, my choice if not having a SUV is to have a second hand Vios or Altis, bukod sa fuel efficient sila ay magiging magaan ang monthly amortization, I will be the one to handle the monthly payment, hehehe.

Anyway, very well noted Sir, I might try to go to Toyota Balintawak after ng holyweek to check the area.

Thank sa reply Sir! God bless
    Emlfg09, sigurado ka naman. I dunno if there are in other branches pero dun ako sure. Innova would be a good choice too. Since, gusto mo din pala ng medyo madami nasasakay.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Bra nd new car n lang
    What u are buying is a peace of mind
    Pag pinagdown mo yang 250k maliit na monthly mo
    Just go to ur nearest bank or trusted bank wag dederetso sa dealer

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    Bra nd new car n lang
    What u are buying is a peace of mind
    Pag pinagdown mo yang 250k maliit na monthly mo
    Just go to ur nearest bank or trusted bank wag dederetso sa dealer
    Correct. The rates in banks are much much lower than sa mga car dealer agents. Pasintabi sa mga ahente kong kaibigan

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Good day Sir,

We'll definitely consider to buy a brand new, na-isip ko lang din kasi yung monthly amortization, the higher the DP, the lower the monthly amortization. Kaya kung limited din yung funds, therefore, we might look into buying a second hand na maganda pa naman.

Thank you sa reply Sir! malaking tulong po ito, God bless.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlfg09 View Post
    Good day mga Sir,

I'm a newbie po dito sa Tsikot.com and I really want to know kung ano po ang mga pros and cons on buying a second car. My father and I used to go to car dealers (Pasay and Q.C area) and to be honest, nakakalito talaga pumili. Anyway, here's our set-up:

Car set-up: Compact or SUV
    Transmission: Manual
    Budget: 250k - 300k for DP, willing to pay 3years up to 4 years (if applicable)
    Preferred brands: Mitsubishi Pajero (95-98), Toyota Innova G, Toyota Vios 1.3 E (2010 or 2011), Toyota Altis (2008 - 2010)

I saw two (2) Mitsubishi Pajero (95') in one of car dealers na pinuntahan namin, at yes, na-inlove talaga ako sa kanila and still on the top on my list, both unit has a 84,000km mileage, I would like to ask if we can consider on investing on the unit since malaki po ang family namin. The Innova G is a back-up unit just in case maraming negative feedback on the Pajero.

The Vios and Altis are also on our list, especially commuter cars sila ang pwede sa araw-araw na gamit.

Hope to receive a feedback from you mga Sirs! We really need some help.

Thank you! and God bless
    imho, at 300k DP, mababa na monthly mo dyan. get a brand new one na.
    the innova would be good for you.
    or kung talagang ayaw mo ng may hinuhulugan every month, I think the 300k budget can get you an altis na. yun nga lang, medyo may mga ipapagawa ka pa, so mag spend ka pa ng mga 50k for repairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast