New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Pajero is very old. Its an excellent car, but suspension parts and tires are expensive. For a car of this age, low mileage na nga talaga ang 84tkms, that is if it really is 84tkms and not 184tkms. Do take note that the 4D56 TDIC Pajero lacks punch.

The Innova's great, if you don't mind the way it looks. Has durable underpinnings, decent power, gives good gas mileage and is actually good in flood wading. Its just that the interior's rather cramped especially at the back and ride quality's not that good.

How much are you willing to pay for the monthly? If you shell out say, 12k monthly for 3 years + 300k DP, that would be 700+k already, which means you can already get the 4M40 Fieldmaster, a decent Starex GRX CRDi or perhaps a Kia Carens.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The Innova's cramped but still comfortable. It just doesn't have much space left at the back. Ride is relatively good. My gen1 gas fed Innova rides better than a gen1 Fortuner, honestly.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    yung mileage ng pajero is too good to be true. and if ever totoo man, its too underused baka madami nang problema yan given the fact na 95 model tsaka siguro stinastart lang yan occassionally para painitin yung makina. im no expert though. you said malaki family nyo. kung commuter car bibilhin nyo problema yan kung may family outing since kulang sa space. innova 2nd hand nalang. unless okay lang sayo yung burden sa bulsa ng bnew car. bnew is best syempre.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when you say malaki ang family nyo, did you mean, mataba kayo, or marami kayo?
    kung marami kayo, as in, 7 or more, your logical choice is a van.. a starex, hiace or urvan. an innova would be ok if 2 of your family are small.
    kung mataba kayo, at most 5, an innova is ok. in my experience, the innova's second row is cramped because i forgot to pull the 2nd row seats back. yes, you can pull it back and increase legroom.. and the 3rd row, well.. all of them auvs and suvs have indecently cramped 3rd rows, unless you are a shopping bag or you stand only 3 feet tall..
    look around for a good, used innova. you might see a good one selling for 500K..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Here's a tip
    If u look for 2nd hand the best is direct ka sa may ari to negotiate
    Wag sa mga buy and sell mas mahal doon lalo na pag mga 2-3yrs old of car ,but pde ka magdown pero high interest rate plus insurance plus registration plus chattel para ka na ring kumuha ng brand new
    Or mas better sa mga na repo na sasakyan just bring ur trusted mechanic

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlfg09 View Post
    Good day mga Sir,

I'm a newbie po dito sa Tsikot.com and I really want to know kung ano po ang mga pros and cons on buying a second car. My father and I used to go to car dealers (Pasay and Q.C area) and to be honest, nakakalito talaga pumili. Anyway, here's our set-up:

Car set-up: Compact or SUV
    Transmission: Manual
    Budget: 250k - 300k for DP, willing to pay 3years up to 4 years (if applicable)
    Preferred brands: Mitsubishi Pajero (95-98), Toyota Innova G, Toyota Vios 1.3 E (2010 or 2011), Toyota Altis (2008 - 2010)

I saw two (2) Mitsubishi Pajero (95') in one of car dealers na pinuntahan namin, at yes, na-inlove talaga ako sa kanila and still on the top on my list, both unit has a 84,000km mileage, I would like to ask if we can consider on investing on the unit since malaki po ang family namin. The Innova G is a back-up unit just in case maraming negative feedback on the Pajero.

The Vios and Altis are also on our list, especially commuter cars sila ang pwede sa araw-araw na gamit.

Hope to receive a feedback from you mga Sirs! We really need some help.

Thank you! and God bless
    Para sa guidance ng mga interested sa second hand cars, i suggest reading the book "Buying a Used Car?." available sa amazon

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Good day mga Sir,

Thank you po sa mga response! highly appreciated po, ang dami ko pong natutunan and things we should consider on buying a car.

A blessed holy week po sa inyo! God bless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12