New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thank you masters for your replies.

MY wife is a fairly small lady (5 feet tall). That's why we are considering these cars. I forgot to consider that i'll also be driving the car sometimes and I'm 6 feet and some inches tall).

My wife has to personally try driving these units. She does not want to consider getting a second hand car because we are scared of accumulated costs we might incur repairing the car.

I'm leaning towards the i10 but she does not trust any Korean car brand, ,

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Naku po, sobrang luma na po ang mentality ng asawa mo. Korean car quality is now at least at par with or even surpasses that of Japanese cars. Besides, the long warranty should say something about their reliability. Also, Suzuki's dealer network is pretty sparse with just only a handful of dealerships. After sales service is reportedly poor and parts would not be very abundant. BTW, if your wife is against Korean cars, why is the Picanto in the list?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gti
    - Thanks for your inputs. I'm trying to push her to look at the i10 because of the 5 year warranty. . The picanto made it to the list because the Facelifted version looks really awesome.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The i10 is probably the best car in the segment at the moment. The fuel economy is much better with the MT, but the AT isn't too bad, and the gearing is very good at masking the engine's small size. A friend (Auto_Xer here, from Speedlab) says it's what he imagines BMW would build if it built superminis... I think that's going too far... It's more like a micro-Honda.

The Picanto is good, but the i10 gives you more for the money. The Getz gives you even more space, but I don't think the 1.1 comes with an automatic and it's not quite as refined as the i10. The Celerio's 3 cylinder is not as refined as the four cylinder engines, but it gives great economy.

I'd personally buy an i10. My assistant was car shopping a few months ago... We looked over his choices and we inevitably ended up at that. They're very satisfied with the car, and even take it on long provincial trips.

Try before you buy, though.
    Last edited by niky; May 18th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    makikisingit po sana...

among the vehicles mentioned, alin po dyan ang pinaka fuel efficient? isama na rin po sa pagpipilian ang spark.
    yung friend ko kasi nagbabalak ibenta yung 10 yrs old car nya at bumili ng bago. priority nya ang fuel efficiency. second ang reliability.

maraming salamat in advance.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    makikisingit po sana...

among the vehicles mentioned, alin po dyan ang pinaka fuel efficient? isama na rin po sa pagpipilian ang spark.
    yung friend ko kasi nagbabalak ibenta yung 10 yrs old car nya at bumili ng bago. priority nya ang fuel efficiency. second ang reliability.

maraming salamat in advance.
    The i10 would probably give you a better FC esp if you buy th M/T version and lear to hypermile. http://www.wikihow.com/Hypermile
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    ur jst focus in the engine 1.0 to 1.3..kung fuel efficiency ang pag uusapan sa celerio ako 1liter is to 18 kilometers...more or less depende sa driving habit..celerio ang pyesa japan although and celerio ginawa sa india...quality sa pyesa...para sakin kung bibili ako ng maliit na sasakyan dun na ako sa mka2tipid fuel injected pa ang celerio...at kht 1.0 lng mkina nyan kayang kaya nyan mg highway drive..hindi lng pang city driving...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mbautista17 View Post
    ur jst focus in the engine 1.0 to 1.3..kung fuel efficiency ang pag uusapan sa celerio ako 1liter is to 18 kilometers...more or less depende sa driving habit..celerio ang pyesa japan although and celerio ginawa sa india...quality sa pyesa...para sakin kung bibili ako ng maliit na sasakyan dun na ako sa mka2tipid fuel injected pa ang celerio...at kht 1.0 lng mkina nyan kayang kaya nyan mg highway drive..hindi lng pang city driving...
    sir iwas lang po sa text speak, baka magka-infraction ka.

BTT: hindi lang kasi FC ang importante, marami pa dapat i-consider. And the sum of it ang dapat magandang basehan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mbautista17 View Post
    Suzuki dealer?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt View Post
    Thank you masters for your replies.

MY wife is a fairly small lady (5 feet tall). That's why we are considering these cars. I forgot to consider that i'll also be driving the car sometimes and I'm 6 feet and some inches tall).

My wife has to personally try driving these units. She does not want to consider getting a second hand car because we are scared of accumulated costs we might incur repairing the car.

I'm leaning towards the i10 but she does not trust any Korean car brand, ,
    Kung meron ng bagong picanto sa pinas, sa picanto ako. Ang lakas ng dating!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Brandnew 2011 Celerio or i10 or Picanto?