New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    My wife would like to upgrade her ride. Her current car is a 2002 City Type Z. Her route is just from Paranaque to Makati then back.

Our choices are the Celerio,Picanto and i10.

I would like to ask the pros and cons of each of you guys to help us make a decision.

Her needs
    - easy to drive
    - automatic
    - safety features
    - fuel efficient
    - minimal operating cost (periodic maintenance)

Thanks for your inputs guys.

Btw we did not include the spark,fiesta,nor mazda 2 since our budget would not permit us to purchase anything higher than 600k.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    correct me if im wrong but as far as i know hyundai accent is less than 600k.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sir,

the a/t accent costs 680k. .

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i10 ako, as much as I like the Celerio more in terms of interior and exterior it only has THREE CYLINDERS!!!! The i10 has the 1.2L 4 cylinder...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt View Post
    My wife would like to upgrade her ride. Her current car is a 2002 City Type Z. Her route is just from Paranaque to Makati then back.

I would like to ask the pros and cons of each of you guys to help us make a decision.

Her needs
    - easy to drive
    - automatic
    - safety features
    - fuel efficient

Btw we did not include the spark,fiesta,nor mazda 2 since our budget would not permit us to purchase anything higher than 600k.
    Would you also consider the Hyundai Getz 1.1? P498k to P538k in price depending on spec.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    *TS: How about a 2nd hand car worth below P600K? I'm sure you can buy one with still a few kms in the odometer.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt View Post

Her needs
    - easy to drive
    - automatic
    - safety features
    - fuel efficient

It's a toss up between the i10 or the Celerio for me.

But between the two, really, I`d pick the Celerio for the fact that it's cuter.

Pero yes, cmiiw, AFAIK some Suzuki CASA's have horrible after-sales service.

Diba ang spark is under 600k ? Pero yeah, Chevy kasi baka tagilid din maintenance. Hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^^manual ata yung spark sir renzo. hehe.

for me, i10. The facelift and the updated engine wins it for me...

that pod-mounted tach on the celerio looks pretty cool though. hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, it's the i10. The Suzuki Celerio might be cute and all but the engine sound weezy when pushed to near it's limits which isn't that much and the shifter felt too low on the floor (at least for me).

The i10 feels better built among the three (but the Picanto is also very good). Handles well and rides comfortably, felt almost you are in a slightly bigger car. The fold down rear seats help increase the cargo space to twice it's original area.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO i10 nalang. It was just recently refreshed, the 1.2L engine is the most powerful among the choices at 87ps/120Nm and it has the longest warranty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Brandnew 2011 Celerio or i10 or Picanto?