New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    guys, when do you think is the best time to buy a new car? i mean when are cars cheapest? is it december? do they always offer bigger discounts during december? because im planning to buy a 2004 civis vti-s

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would guess around tax time...

end of the year is also a good bet because they are trying to get inventory out to make room for the new model year vehicles...also, they are probably trying to make their sales quotas

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    new cars are a bit cheaper when they are nearing the end of their shelf life.

meaning that an entirely new model or a facelifted model is just around the corner. this is to clear inventory.

you can also purchase New Old Stock (NOS) vehicles. these are previous generation vehicles were leftover when the new model came in.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmm... that happened with the Civic SiR... :D but some companies gouge you on prices when they know the old cars are very popular. The Exalta STA actually went up to 780 thou from 750 thou when it was replaced by the new "Bluebird Sylphy" bodied Exalta.

But, yes, right before a model is replaced, rebates and discounts are the norm.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    There will always be a better deal in the future than the one you end up with. Especially in the auto industry.

Point is, there's no such thing as a 'best time' to buy a car. All you need is the urge and the means to get one.

My 2 cents.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We usually buy kapag palabas (or kalalabas lang) ang new model.

New Old Stock. Laking tipid. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    the best time i guess, kapag may pera ka at afford mo talaga. hehe. no, seriously, it was best time to buy a new car kapag bagong labas yung model. though quite a risk, pero if you read reviews, well you can't go wrong. done that twice (civic ek 96 & dmax 04) already. you know what, though the price was quite steep, they (dealers) give discount really. say, 10-15K discount? not bad really. one more thing, you have the prestige of owning the newest vehicle that makes the people turn their heads. :D

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    new cars are a bit cheaper when they are nearing the end of their shelf life.
    that's right, i remember Honda had a SALE of the remaining previous gen ACCORD VTi-L units for 1M flat. Regular price was 1,260,000.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako later stage ng model year...

First "gens" usually are short on somethings... like accessories, etc... Later models are usually comparatively cheaper and more loaded, you also benefit from having a "late model" when you sell it in the future...

Biggest example was the Galant "rayban" na V6, when it first came out mga 93 or so, nasa 1M sya, first local car ata sya na nag1M, walang bumili, later on naging 900 lang.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    depende sa urgency at needs mo. kung alam mong necessity na sayo magkasasakyan at hindi for luxury, go on.. maghanap ka ng sakto sa profile mo... just always think that the car is GOOD to have and NOT NICE to have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Best time to buy car