New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    My vote also goes to the Camry. Kahit sa Korea ang Camry ang COTY. LoL. Take note COTY ha and not Best mid-size Sedan.

If you want to be unique and want a diesel engine siguro you should consider the TOTL Peugeot 508.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate here...

The Subaru WRX STi (6MT) and Mitsubishi Lancer EX Ralliart both have 4 doors and a trunk, so they are still classified as sedans. They are both priced around 2.5M.
    The Lancer Ralliart doesn't handle as well as the Mazda6 or the STI. Same wheel and tire package as GTA, soft suspension tuning, lots of weight, lack of torque to really utilize rear LSD at midrange rpm. And the interior is not as luxurious as the executive type sedans. Good points include amazing dual clutch transmission which makes it easier to launch from a stop than the STI (unless you do a catastrophic clutch-sliding launch with the STI, the Lancer will hit 100 km//h first).

The Subaru WRX STI is an absolute monster. Supercar-level cornering and acceleration. Really easy to drive sideways. It's also an absolute monster to use everyday. Stiff, noisy, clunky, thirsty and hardcore. If you like BDSM, no problem. Otherwise, most everything else in this price range will be more comfortable in daily use.

-

I'd still buy one, if I wanted the fastest fricking car for the money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If I had that much money, I'd get the Legacy GT.

It's getting a bit old now, but it's still a freakin' fast car that handles like a gem, and has enough creature comforts to please anyone. Also incredibly spacious at the back too - which could be useful, if you know what I mean. But seriously, it rivals the Camry in rear legroom and is certainly larger than the Mazda 6.

As much as I enjoyed the new Mazda 6, for 300k more, you get a bigger engine (with almost 100 hp more) and a bigger car with the Legacy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I'd stay away from a Camry or its Lexus counterpart.

http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr122012.html
    Nuff said.

Safety is the best luxury.

Mazda 6, Legacy GT (aging but with lovely engine and drivetrain), Peugeot 508 2.0 HDi or wait for the all new Accord Earth Dreams 2.4L or 3.5L V6 or speaking of waiting, the Volkswagen Passat or CC if you're even luckier man.
    Last edited by basti08; April 24th, 2013 at 12:07 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    a brandnew C-class is about 2.7m
    you can get either a cpo merc c-class or a bmw 3 series for under 2.5m
    Im just thinking of C180 or C200. . .
    i think camry is not suitable for early 20's hehe
    I'd like something sports, or muscle type. . .

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yastarr View Post
    STi? Or Legacy GT?

Or a 2nd hand M3?

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yastarr View Post
    I guess it's the Legacy GT then (2.05M). It's the right mix of executive feel and performance. You get a powerful 2.5L turbo engine (265hp, 350Nm), AWD, Si-Drive (selectable throttle and tranny settings), leather seats, big trunk, and 18" bling wheels. I guess no other sedan on its price range can get you 0-100kmh in the mid 6 seconds.

If you want a more sporty ride, then it is the WRX STi (2.5M). Niky already mentioned above how a monster of a drive it is.

If you want the classic muscle look, then it is the Mustang V6 (2.5M) but you did mention you want a sedan so it's out of the list of options.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009

from LegacyGT forums

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    legacy wagon for me ( I have one hehe). More speed than you will need and its got that sweet Turbo torque across the rev range. All wheel drive and really good handling. Its big, capable (AWD), fast, looks good (I am fond of the wagon look) and is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Its got many toys (i.e. sunroof, leather, power seats, memory seats, gazillion airbags, big mags, paddle shifters, SI-drive, heated seats, dual climate control, cruise control, etc).

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    +1 for legacy gt wagon for me, you get the best of both worlds, luxury and sporty. plus you can get it for 1.9M after discounts if they're still offering 120k discount for it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast