New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ditto on the rear of the Honda Civic ... looks cluttered ...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    How about the Volkswaged Jetta 1.6 TDi M/T * 850T ... it's a german diesel with a little bit higher ground clearance ...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    A member posted that there will be a face lift for the altis so better wait til then.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    If we do decide to pull the trigger early then the altis will be out of the equation because we won't reach the facelift.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    VW Jetta 1.4 TSI DSG (950k) or Honda Civic 1.8E (1.1M).

Though if you want comfort and economy, the Altis still has a plusher ride and better fuel efficiency than either of the two. Cheaper maintenance too. No problems with scraping either even with 5 on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew the Jetta is in this price bracket. Will definitely look into that I agree the civic is beautiful and we did look at the Mazda3. Both the Mazda and civic are headturners but you are right about the altis being more comfortable. Isn't the Jetta at par with the altis in comfort?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    How about the Volkswaged Jetta 1.6 TDi M/T * 850T ... it's a german diesel with a little bit higher ground clearance ...
    Will be looking at the AT version of the Jetta. since it's either my mom or sister who will be using this.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    How is the Jetta priced at 950k? Where can I find a reference? Iba pricing ng autodeal

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Diesel View Post
    How is the Jetta priced at 950k? Where can I find a reference? Iba pricing ng autodeal

Just go to VW-BGC and inquire about their offers for their models. You can even do a test-drive for the model you're interested with. The Jetta offers a refined ride, more composed than a Civic. Since you're interested with the 1.4L Turbo DSG, that powerplant is quite punchy (like in the league of the turbo engines of the Focus and Civic).

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Here's vw local website stating the special price and to contact your local rep.

Price List < Sales < Volkswagen Philippines

Magkano na kaya ang Touareg?[emoji51]

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Here's vw local website stating the special price and to contact your local rep.

Price List < Sales < Volkswagen Philippines

Magkano na kaya ang Touareg?[emoji51]

Last July, they were giving out 500k discount for the Touareg putting the price down to 3.8M. It's a good price compared to its Audi twin, the Q7, which is priced at around 7M.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Just go to VW-BGC and inquire about their offers for their models. You can even do a test-drive for the model you're interested with. The Jetta offers a refined ride, more composed than a Civic. Since you're interested with the 1.4L Turbo DSG, that powerplant is quite punchy (like in the league of the turbo engines of the Focus and Civic).
    Will be checking it out soon. Yes I'm very intrigued by the 1.4L turbo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast