New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hello! I am a new driver actually just enrolled in driving school for matic course.

Me and my wife is considering Celerio 1.0 AT and Chev Spark 1.0 AT

Both have good specs and of course ups and downs. Appreciate if you can provide your insights about these 2 cars.

Celerio 1.0 AT, Ive read na space wise medyo maliit ang backseat but for couple siguro hindi naman po issue.
    Spark 1.0 AT, Ive read na mas spacious sya compared to Celerio, and some said hindi maganda service nang Sales. Though car itself has good FC and user reviews.

Gagamitin namin pamasok everyday we travel from Antipolo to Makati, imagine the traffic in Ortigas Ave. Ext.

Your inputs will be much appreciated! Thank you BIGTIME!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    for me spark. mas maganda talaga hitsura nya for me e. plus medyo luma na celerio. but if your primary concern is FC, lamang ang celerio.

why not consider picanto? ganda rin ng porma nya. or wait for mirage. november daw ang dating. maganda daw FC nun (sabi-sabi lang)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If your primary need is fuel-efficiency, go for the Celerio. Not very spacious, yes, but front seat comfort is actually okay.

Engine's pretty peppy and has no problem hauling the car despite the automatic tranny. Looks cute too, not like that hideous abomination known as the Spark.

Only the Celerio comes with 2 airbags, ABS and EBD among the current crop of 500-600k city cars. It's also now available with alloy rims so you're in luck.

OT: On a summer trip a few months ago, a friend of mine crammed 6 people into her Celerio.

Just to throw it into the mix, why not consider a secondhand Toyota Vios 1.5G? More power, more space, still very fuel efficient, easy to maintain, and pretty damn reliable.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I think you should know this, if fuel efficiency is your main purpose

2013 Chevrolet Spark EPA Ratings Released, Top Out at 38 mpg Highway

to give you a heads up, a Nissan Altima

with 2.5L CVT ekes out 38mpg

and Mazda3 SkyActiv, Focus SFE, Cruze Eco among others have hit 40mpg mark. (Elantra also failed the claimed 40mpg rating)

at 38mpg, it is still thrifty but nothing special for a small car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Aren't you considering the swift?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I think you should know this, if fuel efficiency is your main purpose

2013 Chevrolet Spark EPA Ratings Released, Top Out at 38 mpg Highway

to give you a heads up, a Nissan Altima

with 2.5L CVT ekes out 38mpg

and Mazda3 SkyActiv, Focus SFE, Cruze Eco among others have hit 40mpg mark. (Elantra also failed the claimed 40mpg rating)

at 38mpg, it is still thrifty but nothing special for a small car.
    And yet Spark 1.0 owners are getting 20 km/l (47 mpg) on the highway.

The US only gets the 1.2 liter Spark, and EPA highway testing is relatively high speed compared to our typical 80 km/h DOE testing here. Heck... the Elantra? Owners are being ridiculous. Owners who do 100% highway at non-insane speeds easily break 40 mpg, and Consumer Reports has shown that its fleet Elantra (bought retail by CR itself) is not terrible... they got 39 mpg on their test.

-

If your budget is up to 600k, you should also consider the Accent and Rio. They both give you an amazing amount of space for the money.

The Rio is available with a 1.2 liter engine. It has no problems pulling the relatively heavy body up to speed and has good highway legs and decent highway economy, though city economy suffers a bit compared to the i10 or Picanto, because of the weight.
    Last edited by niky; July 31st, 2012 at 10:51 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    for me spark. mas maganda talaga hitsura nya for me e. plus medyo luma na celerio. but if your primary concern is FC, lamang ang celerio.

why not consider picanto? ganda rin ng porma nya. or wait for mirage. november daw ang dating. maganda daw FC nun (sabi-sabi lang)
    Thanks!
    This is also what I had in my research based on FC a little ahead ang Celerio. But design, lamang samin ang Spark. IMO

Na consider din po namin ang Picanto, kaso hindi nagustuhan ni Wife ang design though for me its ok.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If your primary need is fuel-efficiency, go for the Celerio. Not very spacious, yes, but front seat comfort is actually okay.
    Agree sir!

[/QUOTE]
    Engine's pretty peppy and has no problem hauling the car despite the automatic tranny. Looks cute too, not like that hideous abomination known as the Spark.[/QUOTE]

I also joined TCP and seems like hindi ganoon ka problematic ang Celerio performance wise.

[/QUOTE]
    Only the Celerio comes with 2 airbags, ABS and EBD among the current crop of 500-600k city cars. It's also now available with alloy rims so you're in luck.[/QUOTE]

dual airbags, afaik only Celerio has this in its class? not sure.

[/QUOTE]
    OT: On a summer trip a few months ago, a friend of mine crammed 6 people into her Celerio.

Just to throw it into the mix, why not consider a secondhand Toyota Vios 1.5G? More power, more space, still very fuel efficient, easy to maintain, and pretty damn reliable.[/QUOTE]

6 people? whoa! I wonder how did they fit inside!
    Later si misis na gagamit nang compact coz baka next year or two, I'll get D-Max or Ranger. Mas prefer nya compact na maliit lang para pwede isuot kahit san.

Thank you!
    Last edited by LordWorm; July 31st, 2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Multi Quote

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    celerio for me sir... tipid siya sa gas... lalo na kung manual tranny... aliw ako sa kambyo niya parang naka-short shifter na...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LordWorm View Post
    Thanks!
    This is also what I had in my research based on FC a little ahead ang Celerio. But design, lamang samin ang Spark. IMO

Na consider din po namin ang Picanto, kaso hindi nagustuhan ni Wife ang design though for me its ok.
    kung konti lang difference ng FC, spark na. mas masaya magdrive pag gusto mo porma ng binili mo e. but i suggest you wait for mirage. based on topgear ang dmi niyang features e. pero hindi pa natin alam price. atleast you're safe, baka bili na kayo ngayon then pag labas nun magustuhan nyo, sayang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast