New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by allier022407 View Post
    yun pala ibig sabihin non, sorry sir for my ignorance, still newbie trying to learn all thing about cars,
    OT sir any advise on what/how "driving style" to make my fuel consumption low?
    Hehe~ That's OK, we have all started out that way.

To make for better fuel economy, some ways are to have smoother takeoff, shift earlier, avoid excessive idling and maintain tire pressure.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sorry for the thread revival. Dude allier what car did you end up with? If your still interested with an engine swap maybe I can recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    SR20VE? That's a rare gem of an engine. Yun nga lang, since it is rare, spare parts for the engine are also very rare and expensive. There is also the problem of whether it is properly mounted or not. Kung SR20DE mas OK since meron niyan locally, but still check the engine mounts kung matatag. Best if the transplant engine came from the same car model. Pero since 2.0L engine yan, medyo malakas parin sa gas. Say... 6-8km/L depending on driving style and traffic conditions.
    Mounting of SR16, SR20DE, DET, VE are actually bolt on sirs. Just have to find someone who does the swap properly. Mounting points are the same since the JDM Pulsar, Primera, Sunny are related chasis wise. The B13 SE-R motor mounts will be the best here. Consumption is around 9ish depends if its tuned, modified, turbo etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12