New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I am planning to buy a 2nd hand "big car" and I need help in making my decision. I have narrowed my selection between a Hilux SR5, new body Hilux (whatever model ang kaya ng budget), Rav4 4x4, X-Trail 250X, and LC80 Land Cruiser (kung kaya). I would prefer automatic transmission but am open to going back to M/T.

Please help me decide based on the following:

1. I will be using the car as my everyday ride, Paranaque to New Manila everyday so comfort and economy is a plus.

2. I will be using it as my road trip car as well, carrying surfboards on the roof and mountain bikes at the back, aside from the usual stuff we bring to road trips. I go as far as Pagudpud for my surf trips, driving through different road conditions in the process. I need a capable engine.

3. I want the car to be as maintenance-free as possible - parts easily available and service wouldn't cost so much.

4. I intend to use it for at least 5 years, matibay sana yung gusto ko makuha but still comfortable enough for long drives and everyday use.

Toyota ang top of mind ko because of its image as being easy to maintain and durability, but I am open to other brands as long as pasok sa criteria ko.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I will go for the pick up on this one. The SR5 is a good choice to start with--low maintenance cost, diesel, good FC, and an all-arounder.

Good luck.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    With that 750k you can acquire a well maintained LC80 with no major/minor problems.

nasubukan ko na din kasi 1 week pinahiram sa akin LC80 ng uncle ko, byahe ko from mandaluyong to laguna. 6 consecutive days, mas prefer ko to gamitin kesa vios. mas smooth and comfortable yung ride. and regarding the fuel consumption since it's a diesel, almost 800 worth lang pinakarga ko good for 6 consecutive days use, full blown a/c.

Rav 4 4x4? lugi ka sa fuel consumption along with the nissan x-trail. both are medium sized.

since gusto mo nga ng "BIG CAR", well sa choices mo yung LC80 lang patok, has a reputable image in terms of BIG CAR category.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Although the LC80 looks old. It`s a good rig. I once drove a LC80 before, going to subic ( well, its not mine ) All I can say is, its freakin fast and huge

Since you are into out of town trips I suggest you the LC80.

Best Buy for 750k and Below