New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Such cars also tend to have very high mileage, since they are, after all, utility vehicles.

If you do not mind resale value very much, I'd much rather recommend the 1st gen Everest. It makes the Crosswind look grossly overpriced and underequipped in comparison. With regards to FC, I suppose the trick is to not let the turbo spool as much by keeping the revs low and maintaining an acceleration rate similar to what you might normally do in a non-turbo AUV.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Ano bang year ang 1st Gen Everest? My dad actually likes it so much way back when we were looking last year for his own service. Diniscourage ko lang since it's a Ford, an American maker na masakit "daw" imaintain. Hihihi.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 15thMan View Post
    Ano bang year ang 1st Gen Everest? My dad actually likes it so much way back when we were looking last year for his own service. Diniscourage ko lang since it's a Ford, an American maker na masakit "daw" imaintain. Hihihi.
    2004-2006, IIRC. The Ford badge is actually beneficial in the sense that Ford's reputation in the Philippines is mahirap makakuha at mahal ang piyesa and matakaw sa gas so that purchase price is lower than most other options in its class, when in reality the 1st gen Everest and Ranger were 90s Mazda technology which Ford rebadged and totally unrelated to cars like the Expedition, Explorer and E150. If you go to the Everest threads, you'd find more than a few Tsikoteers who are satisfied Everest owners.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    O nga po e. Grabe pa ang resale ni Crosswind. I have a neighbor selling his XT 2004, kaso may usok na daw dipstick. Price though is less than 200k.
    Blowby..hindi na alagaan yan. Very bad oil change intervals causing piston ring damage.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Blowby..hindi na alagaan yan. Very bad oil change intervals causing piston ring damage.

Cant it be cured?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    2004-2006, IIRC. The Ford badge is actually beneficial in the sense that Ford's reputation in the Philippines is mahirap makakuha at mahal ang piyesa and matakaw sa gas so that purchase price is lower than most other options in its class, when in reality the 1st gen Everest and Ranger were 90s Mazda technology which Ford rebadged and totally unrelated to cars like the Expedition, Explorer and E150. If you go to the Everest threads, you'd find more than a few Tsikoteers who are satisfied Everest owners.

But is it really true na takaw sa gas at mahal ang piyesa ng Ford, particularly the Everest Gen 1? I tried looking on fb marketplace. Pero around 350k pa sya on average.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Cant it be cured?
    it can be cured, by replacing the worn parts.
    "overhaul".
    the cost will depend on what parts need replacement.
    but it is usually $$$.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it can be cured, by replacing the worn parts.
    "overhaul".
    the cost will depend on what parts need replacement.
    but it is usually $$$.
    Doc its $$$$$!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Doc its $$$$$!

tinatakot nyo naman si TS, e...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    tinatakot nyo naman si TS, e...
    This is scary.

Mossy invasion... with a price

Flesh-eating STD case reported in England

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    But is it really true na takaw sa gas at mahal ang piyesa ng Ford, particularly the Everest Gen 1? I tried looking on fb marketplace. Pero around 350k pa sya on average.
    Meh. My converted Granvia has a 3.0 turbo diesel mated to a 4AT and has a curb weight of over 2 tons. It gets around 4.5km/L city. The Everest definitely weighs less and only has a 2.5. Depending on the variant (MT or AT, 4x2 or 4x4), your route and driving style, I'd say somewhere around 6-8km/L city for my usage and probably better for you since you mostly drive during off peak hours. Read up on the Everest thread if you want to know more.

Remember that online ads are almost always negotiable, 30-50k at the very least unless stated otherwise.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast