The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    its an Everest/Ranger maintenance shop.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 15thMan View Post
    With regards to starex po kasi na luma, may ilan na po kong kakilala na sumakit talaga ang ulo at bulsa sa dami ng naging problema.
    Yung sa Everest na inaadvice mo sir, mga anong year model ang maganda? American car maker naman si Ford, pwede din kaya sir yung diesel na ford focus? Old everest, as per reading somewhere else, is a guzzler. Kahit pa krudo sya. At basta Ford "daw", mahirap at mahal ang pyesa.
    If you are concerned about costly CRDi repairs with the Starex, perhaps you can consider the old school turbo intercooler variant. Should be easy and cheap to maintain since it is a licensed Mitsubishi 4D56.

I'd always suggest the newest model you can afford. 1st gen Everests were sold from 2004-2006, IIRC. The Everest is an Asian market model made in Thailand and is actually based on the Mazda B-series pickup so no problem with parts. With regards to FC, if you get the manual 4x2 you should be good. And then again, you are considering the Pajero, whose FC would not be far off.

The Focus TDCi is nice. Not sure if parts are expensive though. But you will definitely enjoy the car. A true blue Euro hot hatch. Only get the manual for as we all know, the Powershift trannies are $hit. Meanwhile, IIRC the manual uses dual mass flywheel. So clutch replacement is gonna be expensive...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    *ts
    I thought you were considering yaris?

From your choices, probably the crosswind is a solid choice. But if it was me, ill prolly go with xtrail or am escape (not the most fc friendly though).

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    *ts
    I thought you were considering yaris?

From your choices, probably the crosswind is a solid choice. But if it was me, ill prolly go with xtrail or am escape (not the most fc friendly though).

O nga sir, nawala sa list. Late ko na narealize, tinamad na mag-edit (kung pwede man). Yaris looks so adorable to my eyes. Well, lahat ata ng hatchbacks ngayon ang ganda sa paningin ko. But ayan po yung mga kinoconsider ko. Mejo hirap makadecide e. Yoko magkamali, lalo nat I really saved for it. Kakahiya man, pero years ko din yan pinag-ipunan. [emoji4]

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    O nga sir, nawala sa list. Late ko na narealize, tinamad na mag-edit (kung pwede man). Yaris looks so adorable to my eyes. Well, lahat ata ng hatchbacks ngayon ang ganda sa paningin ko. But ayan po yung mga kinoconsider ko. Mejo hirap makadecide e. Yoko magkamali, lalo nat I really saved for it. Kakahiya man, pero years ko din yan pinag-ipunan. [emoji4]
    Nothing to be ashamed kung matagal pinagipunan. Nothing beats hardwork.

First thing you may want to decide on is what type of car you like. Hatch, sedan, crossover, auv, or suv. Then cut down the choices from there. Masyado broad kasi ang choices mo.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Yaris is a good car. But it is a bit small. Not sure if you will be comfortable in it. But AFAIK it was only available in 1.5A/T. And the city FC of such engines are at 8km/L thereabouts, which is similar to what a Revo/Adventure/Crosswind will get, but with a fuel that is cheaper by P12/L.

Just to share, I used a diesel Revo as my daily driver for five years. It was noisy and slow, but gave decent gas mileage at 7-8km/L city, 12-14 highway. Top speed strictly up to 140 only. No smoke belching after a calibration session (forgot how much but it didn't cost much). Suspension was rock solid. In fact it still had the factory shocks and springs when I relinquished it in 2016 (its a 2001 model). But of course, expect to have to replace stuff with cars of this age and price range down the road, even if not immediately. I had the Revo from 2011-2016. During this time, non-consumables I'd replaced included the A/C compressor, alternator, brake master, LSPV, speedometer cable and broken exhaust pipe. I've also had to perform a top overhaul. While these may seem to be major repair jobs, almost all of them cost below 10k to fix including labor charges, while the overhaul only cost slightly more than 10k.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Nothing to be ashamed kung matagal pinagipunan. Nothing beats hardwork.

First thing you may want to decide on is what type of car you like. Hatch, sedan, crossover, auv, or suv. Then cut down the choices from there. Masyado broad kasi ang choices mo.

I really want more than a car (sedan or hatch). A diesel engine is definitely a plus, since FC really matters to me. Pero love ko din ang hatch more than a sedan. Haha, gulo db? So, I am considering yaris, mirage hatch, wigo, jazz and celerio even they are gasoline engines. As I've indicated, the vehicle will be used mostly for daily office travel (around 20kms balikan).
    Ang hirap makadecide pag tight sa budget. But I'm enjoying it. Dami kong info na nababasa at natututunan tungkol sa sasakyan. [emoji23]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Yaris is a good car. But it is a bit small. Not sure if you will be comfortable in it. But AFAIK it was only available in 1.5A/T. And the city FC of such engines are at 8km/L thereabouts, which is similar to what a Revo/Adventure/Crosswind will get, but with a fuel that is cheaper by P12/L.

Just to share, I used a diesel Revo as my daily driver for five years. It was noisy and slow, but gave decent gas mileage at 7-8km/L city, 12-14 highway. Top speed strictly up to 140 only. No smoke belching after a calibration session (forgot how much but it didn't cost much). Suspension was rock solid. In fact it still had the factory shocks and springs when I relinquished it in 2016 (its a 2001 model). But of course, expect to have to replace stuff with cars of this age and price range down the road, even if not immediately. I had the Revo from 2011-2016. During this time, non-consumables I'd replaced included the A/C compressor, alternator, brake master, LSPV, speedometer cable and broken exhaust pipe. I've also had to perform a top overhaul. While these may seem to be major repair jobs, almost all of them cost below 10k to fix including labor charges, while the overhaul only cost slightly more than 10k.

Maganda sir for me ang revo over adventure. Basta same engine type lang a. But my uncle already has diesel revo. While another relative used to have advie. So, sa Crosswind talaga ako napapatingin that's within my budget. Other than that, wala na kong makitang diesel engine na good and reliable na pasok sa budget.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I really want more than a car (sedan or hatch). A diesel engine is definitely a plus, since FC really matters to me. Pero love ko din ang hatch more than a sedan. Haha, gulo db? So, I am considering yaris, mirage hatch, wigo, jazz and celerio even they are gasoline engines. As I've indicated, the vehicle will be used mostly for daily office travel (around 20kms balikan).
    Ang hirap makadecide pag tight sa budget. But I'm enjoying it. Dami kong info na nababasa at natututunan tungkol sa sasakyan. [emoji23]
    Pwede ding compromise in the form of the Accent or Getz CRDi. You can befriend an Accent cab driver to know the nitty gritty details on maintenance. I'm sure marami nang parts by now sa dami nang Accent na ginagawang taxi.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    adventure bro sulit na sulit ..sayo yan sigurado sa tipid lang din sa diesel wala ka masasabi .kahit pang hanap buhay pwede..

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast