New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    What should be the best bang for the buck 2nd hand vehicle under 300k? Specially considering the FC, looks (inner/outer), and parts availability. Any type of vehicle po na masusuggest nyo. It will be for daily office use, and pangweekend getaway din minsan.
    Pasensya na po, poor lang. But I have earned/saved this budget thru hardwork. Maliit man, pero galing sa malinis. [emoji4]
    I hope you could help me out. I'm a big guy, about 5'8" and around 80-90kgs. I wish 7 seater sana, but kung 5 lang, ok na din.
    I previously considered the following:
    Sportivo (nung may extra budget pa)
    Crosswind
    Outlander
    X trail
    Frontier
    Avanza
    Rav4
    Old HRV
    CRV gen 2/3
    City
    Vios
    Vitara
    Sx4
    Pajero (subic)
    Celerio
    Mirage
    Wigo
    Eon

Thank you po sa makakatulong at sasagot ng ayos. God bless, Tsikoteers. [emoji109]

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 15thMan View Post
    What should be the best bang for the buck 2nd hand vehicle under 300k? Specially considering the FC, looks (inner/outer), and parts availability. Any type of vehicle po na masusuggest nyo. It will be for daily office use, and pangweekend getaway din minsan.
    Pasensya na po, poor lang. But I have earned/saved this budget thru hardwork. Maliit man, pero galing sa malinis. [emoji4]
    I hope you could help me out. I'm a big guy, about 5'8" and around 80-90kgs. I wish 7 seater sana, but kung 5 lang, ok na din.
    I previously considered the following:
    Sportivo (nung may extra budget pa)
    Crosswind
    Outlander
    X trail
    Frontier
    Avanza
    Rav4
    Old HRV
    CRV gen 2/3
    City
    Vios
    Vitara
    Sx4
    Pajero (subic)
    Celerio
    Mirage
    Wigo
    Eon

Thank you po sa makakatulong at sasagot ng ayos. God bless, Tsikoteers. [emoji109]
    Considering the weather and flooding as of late, it is prudent to get a tall vehicle with a diesel engine. Get the newest that your budget will allow. If speed is not a big factor for you, I would suggest the Revo or Adventure. Diesel variants only, of course. Extremely practical, durable, and cheap to maintain. Crosswind is fine, but resale value is too high for my liking. A Subic Pajero is great too. FC will not be as good as the AUVs, but the added power, ride comfort and 4x4 will be welcome. If it is converted well, it will be as good as a local Pajero. But that is a very big IF, and you may end up with an endless money pit if you're not careful.

Of course there are more modern gasoline powered options out there, but given the fuel costs lately, are not really the best choices for a daily driver.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    get a diesel auv. or mpv.
    but try it out first, to see if you fit comfortably enough.
    and don't believe them when they say their vehicle is in "drive away" condition. they rarely are.
    always have some left-over cash, for fixin' .

4. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Considering the weather and flooding as of late, it is prudent to get a tall vehicle with a diesel engine. Get the newest that your budget will allow. If speed is not a big factor for you, I would suggest the Revo or Adventure. Diesel variants only, of course. Extremely practical, durable, and cheap to maintain. Crosswind is fine, but resale value is too high for my liking. A Subic Pajero is great too. FC will not be as good as the AUVs, but the added power, ride comfort and 4x4 will be welcome. If it is converted well, it will be as good as a local Pajero. But that is a very big IF, and you may end up with an endless money pit if you're not careful.

Of course there are more modern gasoline powered options out there, but given the fuel costs lately, are not really the best choices for a daily driver.

Thank you sir sa input. Yeah, I want a diesel variant sana. But only choices lang talaga na nakikita ko is Crosswind, Adventure, Revo and Pajero (subic). Is the old Sportage good as well? Yoko kasi sana ng Korean make. Of all these, Crosswind gusto ko (at least lower bro ni Sportivo na wish ko dati).

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    get a diesel auv. or mpv.
    but try it out first, to see if you fit comfortably enough.
    and don't believe them when they say their vehicle is in "drive away" condition. they rarely are.
    always have some left-over cash, for fixin' .
    Ano kaya maganda sir? I almost dealed with the Wigo/Celerio/Mirage hatch this past week. Kaso malaki kasi ako, parang di ako komportable in the long run. But I love their fuel efficiency. Haissst.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thank you sir sa input. Yeah, I want a diesel variant sana. But only choices lang talaga na nakikita ko is Crosswind, Adventure, Revo and Pajero (subic). Is the old Sportage good as well? Yoko kasi sana ng Korean make. Of all these, Crosswind gusto ko (at least lower bro ni Sportivo na wish ko dati).
    Syempre pinakaimportante magugustuhan mo. So if Crosswind ang napupusuan mo, then go ahead. If you save up, you can always facelift your Crosswind to look like a Sportivo. You just change the lights, wheels plus the cladding and door mounted spare tire carrier. Although personally, hindi ko type ang interior ng Crosswind. While the exterior looks good, I find the interior too crude. Both the Revo and Adventure look more modern inside.

I think the local Pajero, around late 90s to 2000 model will already fit your budget. Konting tawad nalang.

Then there's the 1st gen Ford Everest. Pasok narin sa budget at mas bago pa sa Pajero. Already makes decent power, has lots of space and safety features like ABS and airbags.

I don't particularly mind Korean cars. Performance of their diesels are often well ahead of their same-era Japanese competitors. Its just that they are still not as durable as the Japanese. If said Korean car is not a Starex, parts are also often not as easy to get as your other old school options. Which brings me now to the Starex. If you don't mind driving a van, the GRX CRDi already fits your budget. It is more powerful than any old school diesel you are considering, not to mention more comfortable and spacious.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Syempre pinakaimportante magugustuhan mo. So if Crosswind ang napupusuan mo, then go ahead. If you save up, you can always facelift your Crosswind to look like a Sportivo. You just change the lights, wheels plus the cladding and door mounted spare tire carrier. Although personally, hindi ko type ang interior ng Crosswind. While the exterior looks good, I find the interior too crude. Both the Revo and Adventure look more modern inside.

I think the local Pajero, around late 90s to 2000 model will already fit your budget. Konting tawad nalang.

Then there's the 1st gen Ford Everest. Pasok narin sa budget at mas bago pa sa Pajero. Already makes decent power, has lots of space and safety features like ABS and airbags.

I don't particularly mind Korean cars. Performance of their diesels are often well ahead of their same-era Japanese competitors. Its just that they are still not as durable as the Japanese. If said Korean car is not a Starex, parts are also often not as easy to get as your other old school options. Which brings me now to the Starex. If you don't mind driving a van, the GRX CRDi already fits your budget. It is more powerful than any old school diesel you are considering, not to mention more comfortable and spacious.

Everest garage is maintaining these old Everests like clockwork. It's kinda nuts why their resale value is low.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2018

With regards to starex po kasi na luma, may ilan na po kong kakilala na sumakit talaga ang ulo at bulsa sa dami ng naging problema.
    Yung sa Everest na inaadvice mo sir, mga anong year model ang maganda? American car maker naman si Ford, pwede din kaya sir yung diesel na ford focus? Old everest, as per reading somewhere else, is a guzzler. Kahit pa krudo sya. At basta Ford "daw", mahirap at mahal ang pyesa.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    With regards to starex po kasi na luma, may ilan na po kong kakilala na sumakit talaga ang ulo at bulsa sa dami ng naging problema.
    Yung sa Everest na inaadvice mo sir, mga anong year model ang maganda? American car maker naman si Ford, pwede din kaya sir yung diesel na ford focus? Old everest, as per reading somewhere else, is a guzzler. Kahit pa krudo sya. At basta Ford "daw", mahirap at mahal ang pyesa.
    Check Everest Garage on fb. Advantage of getting an old Everest is you already have a mechanic that can maintain this for the next 5+ years until you can afford another vehicle.

Most of these ford vehicles weren't made In the US. Ford has different markets, India Asia Americas. We get mostly Asian made Fords and some US made models.

Yeah Ford focus na diesel.. matipid kung matipid, finding a mechanic for this is a challenge. Punta ka sa ford casa and you're throwing away your fuel savings out the window..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Check Everest Garage on fb. Advantage of getting an old Everest is you already have a mechanic that can maintain this for the next 5+ years until you can afford another vehicle.

Most of these ford vehicles weren't made In the US. Ford has different markets, India Asia Americas. We get mostly Asian made Fords and some US made models.

Yeah Ford focus na diesel.. matipid kung matipid, finding a mechanic for this is a challenge. Punta ka sa ford casa and you're throwing away your fuel savings out the window..

Is the Everest Garage an FB group?

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast