New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiakid View Post
    What do you get from Altis. yun yung tanong eh hehe.

I think you get what you get from a bigger engine. However be aware of trade offs between FC and power too. Question is, what else?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    maybe since same class sila ng civic sir, what do you get from altis that cannot be found in the civic?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    less than 2k binayad ko sa reg ko sa lto last week for our fd. iyong 2.0 s-l variant na iyon. dunno if it's cheaper if 1.8 liter version ang siyang ni-register mo
    Same lang LTO registration cost kasi under the same bracket. Sa LTO kasi naka classify yung cars as small (below 1600 kg), medium (1601 to 2300 kg), at heavy (over 2301 kg). Please check the site below for the actual cost of regustration.

Schedule of Motor Vehicle User's Charge Pursuant to R.A 8794 and Other Fees and Charges

Quote Originally Posted by KcireReaver View Post
    ah ok sir. actually city 1.5 ung nakukursunadahan ko e hehe. . both interior and exterior are decent.
    btw cvt na po ba ung 2010 model?
    Yung previous generation City was from 2009 to 2013. It was offered in both 1.3L and 1.5L engines. It used a 5-speed AT tranny compared to the CVT used by the current generation. The 2009-2013 City 1.5L AT is a good city car. It is fuel efficient and spacious for a small car. However, it is not as good as the Civic FD 1.8L. If you can find a Civic FD 1.8L, preferably the refreshed look (2009-2011), for around 300-400k, then it's a better option.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiakid View Post
    What do you get from Altis. yun yung tanong eh hehe.

I think you get what you get from a bigger engine. However be aware of trade offs between FC and power too. Question is, what else?
    First is the size. You cannot modify a small car to be more spacious. Next one will be the construction of the platform for which a bigger car is more stable on the road.

Fuel consumption might be a bit higher but it's not far off. It's like comparing 8-9 km/L for a Civic FD 1.8L and 9-10 km/L for a City 1.5L on city driving routes. However, you get a quicker and more spacious car in a Civic compared to a City.

maybe since same class sila ng civic sir, what do you get from altis that cannot be found in the civic?
    The Civic and Altis are both compact cars like the Lancer, Mazda3, Focus, and Elantra. Honda and Toyota have different approaches with their marketing of the Altis and Civic. The Civic is more oriented sportiness and handling while the Altis is more oriented towards ride comfort.

If you want specific first-hand information, send jut703 a PM and ask him the finer details of the Civic FD as opposed to a 10th gen Altis.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yung previous generation City was from 2009 to 2013. It was offered in both 1.3L and 1.5L engines. It used a 5-speed AT tranny compared to the CVT used by the current generation. The 2009-2013 City 1.5L AT is a good city car. It is fuel efficient and spacious for a small car. However, it is not as good as the Civic FD 1.8L. If you can find a Civic FD 1.8L, preferably the refreshed look (2009-2011), for around 300-400k, then it's a better option.
    sir kindly explain why the previous city is not as good as the civic fd 1.8L. in what terms?
    and also how is the maintenance of honda cars specially those from previous gens

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sir kindly explain why the previous city is not as good as the civic fd 1.8L. in what terms?
    and also how is the maintenance of honda cars specially those from previous gens
    I have stated above in an earlier post on this thread. The Civic FD 1.8L is more spacious and drives better (more responsive) than a City 1.5L. Fuel consumption and maintenance cost between such models is not far off.

Even the current City or Vios will not be up to par with the new Civic or Vios. This is the reason why a Civic or Altis is priced higher brand new than a City or Vios. You cannot compare in equal terms a lower segment car to the next higher segment. Unless your primary requirement is a much lower fuel cost overall, only then will you choose the lower segment car.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    I have stated above in an earlier post on this thread. The Civic FD 1.8L is more spacious and drives better (more responsive) than a City 1.5L. Fuel consumption and maintenance cost between such models is not far off.

Even the current City or Vios will not be up to par with the new Civic or Vios. This is the reason why a Civic or Altis is priced higher brand new than a City or Vios. You cannot compare in equal terms a lower segment car to the next higher segment. Unless your primary requirement is a much lower fuel cost overall, only then will you choose the lower segment car.
    oh my bad i over scrolled i didn't notice ur previous replies. then i'll consider the civic.
    actually when i looked for used cars in olx, pricing of city and civic were almost the same. i wonder why

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    oh my bad i over scrolled i didn't notice ur previous replies. then i'll consider the civic.
    actually when i looked for used cars in olx, pricing of city and civic were almost the same. i wonder why
    In the country, the higher segment cars are priced lower in the resale market. The smaller cars tend to keep their value longer while the bigger cars' value takes a nose dive.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    fair enough

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    In the country, the higher segment cars are priced lower in the resale market. The smaller cars tend to keep their value longer while the bigger cars' value takes a nose dive.
    oh i see. thank you sir for the helpful info.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    mga sir another question regarding these used car. regarding sa automatic transmission paano mo sya malalaman kung may sira sya or if for replacement na

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast