New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hello sirs!

any suggestions on a 2nd hand car i should look for with a 450 budget? well stretched to around 470k if ever actually

preferably an automatic, and has reasonable maintenance costs..

car will be mainly used for home to office/office to home travel on weekdays and city driving on weekends...

hope you can help me..

thanks in advance

I'd consider a Vios with the 1.3L engine.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For that price you could get a Mazda 3 2.0R. It's a fast car with loads of features and superior handling that can compete and beat even more modern compact cars today. It looks gorgeous too, at least for me.

Of course, because of its 2-liter displacement, you shouldn't expect too much in terms of fuel efficiency. You'll be looking at about 7 km/l on city driving, probably 8 if you have a really light foot or if the traffic on your route isn't all that heavy.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Get a Honda Civic FD 1.8s. At that price, there are already several Civic FD's being sold at that price GoodLuck!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    hello sirs!

any suggestions on a 2nd hand car i should look for with a 450 budget? well stretched to around 470k if ever actually

car will be mainly used for home to office/office to home travel on weekdays and city driving on weekends...

hope you can help me..

thanks in advance
    exactly how do you intend to use it? basic transport? weekend racing? symbolo de estado? beauty contest entry? today's cars can very well fill up your basic needs. it's a matter of how much else you want from it..
    for basic use, vios or city are there..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    hello sirs!

hope you can help me..

thanks in advance
    You have quite a lot of choices. Do you want an AUV, CUV or sedan? For an AUV, there's the Crosswind A/T. Sure it's pretty unrefined but it's very tough. Maintenance cost and fuel economy is similar to subcompacts while giving double the seating capacity. Floods and potholes are not a problem too. For a CUV, there are the Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute 2.3L and Nissan X-Trail 200X. For sedans, the FD Civic should be the best pick for this budget.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hi Sirs,

I also have the same question as d_rookie12 (I hope you won't mind if I piggyback on your thread, and I hope, we also share the same needs so the gurus here, can answer us both without going to 2 different topics).

400-500k Sedan for almost daily driving cavite-makati area (60kms - balikan).
    Priorities:
    - AT
    - good FC
    - Less than 3-4yrs (>2008)
    - Looks
    - Maintenance
    - 3rd hand resale value??? (only planning to use it for 3yrs.)

Btw, I'm also a first time driver/first car. Large guy, around 6 foot tall, so I also need to consider leg/head room in both driver and back seat.

As of now, I currently looking at Honda City instead of Vios as I find City's looks as much better than Vios'.

Other recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kreme View Post
    Hi Sirs,

I also have the same question as d_rookie12 (I hope you won't mind if I piggyback on your thread, and I hope, we also share the same needs so the gurus here, can answer us both without going to 2 different topics).

400-500k Sedan for almost daily driving cavite-makati area (60kms - balikan).
    Priorities:
    - AT
    - good FC
    - Less than 3-4yrs (>2008)
    - Looks
    - Maintenance
    - 3rd hand resale value??? (only planning to use it for 3yrs.)

Btw, I'm also a first time driver/first car. Large guy, around 6 foot tall, so I also need to consider leg/head room in both driver and back seat.

As of now, I currently looking at Honda City instead of Vios as I find City's looks as much better than Vios'.

Other recommendations are welcome.

Thanks
    For good FC, high resale value and low maintenance, usually the Vios is the pick. But it is rather cramped inside. The current gen City is a much better choice. Although the FC is not as good as the previous gen iDSI units, the performance is much improved and so is the look. For a suncompact, the City is also very spacious inside. Considering your long route, the City would also be a better choice since it has more power.

If you are OK with driving a manual, I'd suggest you consider the Accent CRDi. It is even more economical than the Vios and City since it uses cheaper diesel fuel. Performance is much better than both the Vios and the City too. Not to mention that this car enjoys very high resale value.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thank you Sir GTi for your comprehensive opinion. When you said current gen City, are you referring to the 2012 model or the 2011? I'm not sure if I can fetch a current gen City with 400-500k. :P

I'm currently being discouraged by my father and other friends who already drives from getting a M/T car as they say driving an M/T car from Cavite to Makati is almost the same as standing in the bus for 3hrs everyday(1.5hrs/ride)

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kreme View Post
    Thank you Sir GTi for your comprehensive opinion. When you said current gen City, are you referring to the 2012 model or the 2011? I'm not sure if I can fetch a current gen City with 400-500k. :P

I'm currently being discouraged by my father and other friends who already drives from getting a M/T car as they say driving an M/T car from Cavite to Makati is almost the same as standing in the bus for 3hrs everyday(1.5hrs/ride)
    Hehehe... If I may ask, is this your first car? Driving a manual car through traffic ain't that bad, especially if that car happens to be a diesel and has lots of torque so that it does not easily stall like their gasoline counterparts (M/T Vios is a very fine example of this). So if you are young and have the legs, the manual is feasible, although it is true that a matic car would be much less stressful to the body and the mind. It is up to you if you would prefer the superior gas mileage and performance or comfort and convenience.

As for the current gen City I mean the model launched on 2009. There are already units that are at the low 500+k bracket.
    Like this one Honda City AT - 09 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph, this one Honda City AT - 09 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph, and this one too Honda City AT - 09 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
best 2nd hand car for 450k budget