New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by avdbonic View Post
    Thanks sirs GTi and Gtcervan for the suggestions. I think I'm leaning towards the sta fe and innova. We'll have talk if we want an suv or mpv. But amongst the choices, which do you think would be more reliable, less costly maintenance, can squeeze out more years of usage, and easier to drive by my wife. By the way, i think my dogs can fit at the back of a sta fe 2007. Also, I'm open to more suggestions.
    Innova is more reliable and has lower pms while also known for being fuel efficient while the santa fe is more powerful, more comfortable though pms is more expensive I think. Personally, I don't like the looks of these two vehicles and, if you would traverse through floods on rainy season or on many rough roads, you would notice their ground clearance seems to be on the low side but they are capable of fording it through, as long as the flood is not that ridiculously high or you don't travel on rough rocky terrain for too long. So go for it if you like either of them.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Innova is more reliable and has lower pms while also known for being fuel efficient while the santa fe is more powerful, more comfortable though pms is more expensive I think. Personally, I don't like the looks of these two vehicles and, if you would traverse through floods on rainy season or on many rough roads, you would notice their ground clearance seems to be on the low side but they are capable of fording it through, as long as the flood is not that ridiculously high or you don't travel on rough rocky terrain for too long. So go for it if you like either of them.
    What would be your top two personal choice sir?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks sirs GTi and Gtcervan for the suggestions. I think I'm leaning towards the sta fe and innova. We'll have talk if we want an suv or mpv. But amongst the choices, which do you think would be more reliable, less costly maintenance, can squeeze out more years of usage, and easier to drive by my wife. By the way, i think my dogs can fit at the back of a sta fe 2007. Also, I'm open to more suggestions.
    What dogs do you have? If they aren't too big and frisky, there shouldn't be a problem. You'd have to protect the leather from the claws or saliva though.

I believe the Innova is the more reliable of the two. I forgot to mention that I've also had to replace engine supports when I got my unit. Apparently engine support replacement is quite typical for Santa Fe's of this age. Drives excellently at this time though. You take car of the car, the car takes care of you. Typical maintenance cost I think is pretty much the same since both are CRDi's of similar displacement. The Santa Fe is slightly longer and wider than the Innova. In terms of performance, Santa Fe wins by a mile Best 2nd hand Car 400k max budget

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    What would be your top two personal choice sir?
    Well, for me lang ha.

Yun nga, I like the pajero fieldmaster but the problem lies on its age. In the used market, all of these are currently more than a decade old, with the last model being 2008 before it finally bid its farewell and since your budget is limited, you could only opt for the older models, which may be around more than 10 years or so. But the nice thing about it is that it has the reputation among people, the timeless classic look and being a non-crdi means that there aren't much electronics involved in the engine, which means maintenance wouldn't be a hassle at all compared to crdis. It also comes with a timing chain compared to the two. If you can find a well preserved unit, it will serve you well as long as you take care of it.

My other choice would be 2nd gen everest. This also has a powerful crdi engine like your choices but the problem is that its a ford. Their casas can give you lifetime headaches if you choose to interact with them for your pms. But it's also an suv so it also looks cool and the suspension, though stiff, is also durable than those of your choices.

In the end, it's still your call. Just try to look some of these so you could come up with a nice verdict.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Thanks sirs GTi and Gtcervan for your suggestions. We'll look into your suggested cars. By the way, my dogs are a chow chow and a chowspitz. During travels, one is hyper while one just lies down on the floor.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks sirs GTi and Gtcervan for your suggestions. We'll look into your suggested cars. By the way, my dogs are a chow chow and a chowspitz. During travels, one is hyper while one just lies down on the floor.
    We used to have a golden retriever. We only ever used the Revo when we bring him out. Now the Revo has a side facing 3rd row. He was fond of moving from side to side and staring out the window. Occasionally, he'd perch on top of the seat, or hang his head on top of the 2nd row seat and position himself in the way of the 2nd row air vents. Tint on the rear windows were kinda ruined by his slob. I'd always have to vacuum out the interior afterwards too, because of the fur. If you get a car with leather seats, best to invest in leatherette seatcovers (which the Revo had). If your dogs are very important to you, best to look for a car with a spacious 3rd row.

How many live bodies will you regularly seat in the car? It should have space for your maximum number of passengers plus luggage.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    We used to have a golden retriever. We only ever used the Revo when we bring him out. Now the Revo has a side facing 3rd row. He was fond of moving from side to side and staring out the window. Occasionally, he'd perch on top of the seat, or hang his head on top of the 2nd row seat and position himself in the way of the 2nd row air vents. Tint on the rear windows were kinda ruined by his slob. I'd always have to vacuum out the interior afterwards too, because of the fur. If you get a car with leather seats, best to invest in leatherette seatcovers (which the Revo had). If your dogs are very important to you, best to look for a car with a spacious 3rd row.

How many live bodies will you regularly seat in the car? It should have space for your maximum number of passengers plus luggage.

Yes the dogs are important, they're our furbabies, hehe. Though I think the third row space would be enough for them for most 7 seaters. Most of the time it would be us, our soon to be born child, and a yaya. Other times during the holidays, the relatives would probably ride with us but not with the dogs. There probably would be a time where 7 people plus the dogs would ride but I think this would be rare and we'll just manage.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    For me, hinde magandang idea na pagsamahin ang new born baby and dogs sa car.

Yung dating boss ko have 3 dogs and yung innova nya ay puro talaga furs.

I suggest na yung priority 1 mo ay safety features. 2nd is space. Pag may out of town kami ng family ko (me, wife, daughter, yaya) para kaming may dala na 1 week worth na baggage.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes the dogs are important, they're our furbabies, hehe. Though I think the third row space would be enough for them for most 7 seaters. Most of the time it would be us, our soon to be born child, and a yaya. Other times during the holidays, the relatives would probably ride with us but not with the dogs. There probably would be a time where 7 people plus the dogs would ride but I think this would be rare and we'll just manage.
    If I were in your shoes... I'd get a Starex GRX. Seats 10 in a pinch, can still seat 6-7 with the 3rd row folded up, has waterproof flooring, a decent engine, lots of spare parts, and is dimensionally similar to the Santa Fe (4695x1820x1885 vs 4660x1890x1760).

This is from someone who uses a Santa Fe as a daily driver.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Kaso di ba kalawangin yung starex? Isa sa mga issues na naririnig ko diyan before.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast