New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi,

I intend to buy a new Jazz and the salesperson told me that there is no approved genuine 4 point backup sensor for the new jazz.

Can any new Jazz owners confirm this?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I can't confirm that fact, but I do know that the Jazz isn't wide enough to necessitate more than 2 sensors. My dad has a 09 Jazz with the casa-installed 2-sensor model. I also have the exact same back-up sensor on my 07 Civic and even here, it can sense objects as far as the rear quarter panels.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cvc221 View Post
    Hi,

I intend to buy a new Jazz and the salesperson told me that there is no approved genuine 4 point backup sensor for the new jazz.

Can any new Jazz owners confirm this?

Thanks
    Honda Jazz don't come with factory installed back-up sensors but dealers have the so called Honda Approved back up sensors. This will not affect the warranty of your car unlike if you installed something else that was not bought from them.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, no OEM back up sensors were made for the Jazz. But Banawe is awash with them and installation is pretty easy if your installer is good. Most crucial will be the drilling of the bumper. Wiring is generally a 2 wire affair drawing power from one of your back up bulbs.

Warranty will be an issue if you do claim for an electrical failure. But the dealer still has to prove that your modification is the source of the failure before a warranty claim can be denied.

Why not step up to the next level? Rear cameras are now in vogue. The one I'm using just came from Raon. Php1,400.00 after some haggling. But I do have an indash monitor already which simplified things a lot. Otherwise you need a monitor (e.g. stand alone or built-in on the rear view mirror).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Guys,

Question lang. Naririnig nyo ba yung back sensor sa labas ng auto kapag umaatras?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by michael090 View Post
    Guys,

Question lang. Naririnig nyo ba yung back sensor sa labas ng auto kapag umaatras?
    Depends on how good is your car body's sound insulation. The sounder/buzzer is usually mounted under the rear deck or is usually inside the trunk.