New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Thinking of replacing my FD with these 2 choices, Altis 2011 1.6V or Vios 2014 G. Dahil sobra lumagok ng gas yung FD ko dito sa Baguio. Help me decide which should I take between the two... Also considering 2nd hand SUVs (2010 CRV?).

I use the car for daily driving within the city and weekend surf trips to La Union/Baler.

So my priority is reliability for long drives, fuel efficiency, and ride comfort.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I would go for the less old. the engine could still be good for another 10years. the transmission is very reliable. suspension wise.. maybe youll have to get kybs. reliability is all about maintaining the fluids and changing the wear and tear items. air filters and ac filters.

next year its already 2020... and that 2011 corolla is almost 10years old. plenty of work might be needed.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The consumption of the altis and the fd may not differ that much unless the tranny of the former is different.

Btw, what's the consumption of your current car?

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ride quality-wise, i find the altis rides better. more... luxurious, if that matters significantly to the user.
    but a perceived-smaller-vehicle is probably easier to drive around and maneuver in the crowded metro.

but in up-and-down baguio...
    wouldn't a diesel with its usually-more-torque-y engine, be a better buy?
    Last edited by dr. d; March 23rd, 2019 at 10:01 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    The consumption of the altis and the fd may not differ that much unless the tranny of the former is different.

Btw, what's the consumption of your current car?

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
    4-5k/l here in Baguio
    7-10k/l highway

Tried everything to decrease its fc but no luck

6. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ride quality-wise, i find the altis rides better. more... luxurious, if that matters significantly to the user.
    but a perceived-smaller-vehicle is probably easier to drive around and maneuver in the crowded metro.

but in up-and-down baguio...
    wouldn't a diesel with its usually-more-torque-y engine, be a better buy?
    Any recommendations Dr. D?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trann123 View Post
    Any recommendations Dr. D?
    well... consider the carabao over the horse...
    innova diesel.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Keep the FD as an Altis or Vios will not offer a significant increase in fuel efficiency. If you want to save in fuel expense, a diesel-fed vehicle would be a better option.

By the way, mababa ata fuel efficiency ng FD mo on highway runs. The R18 engine could do 12-15 km per liter on the highway unless you have dirty intakes or some other issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Keep the FD as an Altis or Vios will not offer a significant increase in fuel efficiency. If you want to save in fuel expense, a diesel-fed vehicle would be a better option.

By the way, mababa ata fuel efficiency ng FD mo on highway runs. The R18 engine could do 12-15 km per liter on the highway unless you have dirty intakes or some other issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ipapa check ko nga eh. Pero bagong palit ako ng fully synthetic oil, dropin air filters, and iridium spark plugs all from casa kaso ganun fc...

Would an accent hb be a good choice?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well... consider the carabao over the horse...
    innova diesel.
    Im actually considering an innova kaso ang mahal ng dadagdag ko. Maybe ill wait for my money before selling the FD then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast