New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trann123 View Post
    Im actually considering an innova kaso ang mahal ng dadagdag ko. Maybe ill wait for my money before selling the FD then.
    unless you are a speed demon, "hindi ka magsisisi".
    the extra effort is worth it.

i have a 2003 altis and an innova.
    i simply love the driver and passenger space that the innova offers.
    at mas matipid pa si diesel innova sa altis, in fuel costs.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 23rd, 2019 at 11:20 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ipapa check ko nga eh. Pero bagong palit ako ng fully synthetic oil, dropin air filters, and iridium spark plugs all from casa kaso ganun fc...

Would an accent hb be a good choice?
    An Accent CRDI is a good option if you aim to save on fuel expense. However, you may miss the bigger and more refined interior of a Civic. There’s a reason why a Civic or Altis is more expensive and they offer more refinement compared to a smaller car - Vios, City, Accent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Thinking of replacing my FD with these 2 choices, Altis 2011 1.6V or Vios 2014 G. Dahil sobra lumagok ng gas yung FD ko dito sa Baguio. Help me decide which should I take between the two... Also considering 2nd hand SUVs (2010 CRV?).

I use the car for daily driving within the city and weekend surf trips to La Union/Baler.

So my priority is reliability for long drives, fuel efficiency, and ride comfort.
    All of your choices above are gas-guzzlers. I've owned all of these, and kept the Altis 2013 and Innova J 2014 Dsl

Altis is 5.5 to 6.5 Km/L Mandaluyong to QC to Mandaluyong during rush hours. My wife ferry my kids to school using this car every day. The interior space, ride and drive comfort, AND SAFETY features are for me best in class/price point. Just have a suki repair man for your rack n pinion

Innova is the best in FC, even better than my Accent CRDI Diesel (I have both AT, MT, DCT, etc... I have 9 Accents). It's a Grab Car, 140t km, and I've only changed fluids, clutch kits, and brake pads, and other consumables. How reliable can you get?

If I can replace all my Grab cars to a 2.5L D4D Innova... I will in a flash

Don't ever go for the Vios (considering your criteria). Animal yan sa gas. Mga 50 Grab drivers ko umalis because of its FC. Mahina pa A/C. There's nothing to like about this car except its looks.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I still have my 04 Altis 1.6E manual as a daily drive here in Baguio and gets me 7-8.5km/L. The best FC I got from the highway is 21km/L at 80-120km/hr during early run going to manila. K&N drop-in filter, Denso IK16 Iridiums, Mobil 1 0W40 fully synthetic oil. Above 120km/hr and FC significantly drops to around 14-17km/L. These are the main reasons why the Altis is still with me even if I have newer diesel SUVs to use... any gas-fed car used here in Baguio esp with an auto tranny usually has poor FC because of the terrain and the terrible traffic nowadays....

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    I still have my 04 Altis 1.6E manual as a daily drive here in Baguio and gets me 7-8.5km/L. The best FC I got from the highway is 21km/L at 80-120km/hr during early run going to manila. K&N drop-in filter, Denso IK16 Iridiums, Mobil 1 0W40 fully synthetic oil. Above 120km/hr and FC significantly drops to around 14-17km/L. These are the main reasons why the Altis is still with me even if I have newer diesel SUVs to use... any gas-fed car used here in Baguio esp with an auto tranny usually has poor FC because of the terrain and the terrible traffic nowadays....
    my worst was 6kpl (so far), pero ito yun matagal ako nakaidle while doing some butingting .
    pero mukha madagdagan 1k php ang gastos ko sa monthly gas consumption, coming from vios 2006 MT
    sa vios kasi bihira bumaba ng 11kpl ang average, kahit grabe traffic. pano kaya kung mazda 3 2.0r kinuha ko? Altis 2011 1.6V or Vios 2014 GAltis 2011 1.6V or Vios 2014 G

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    tinignan ko stats ..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    tinignan ko stats ..

What app ninj?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
    What app ninj?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    fuelio LM
    yun gamit ni jut mas maganda, ginaya ko lang si cathy yata. tapos nasanay nako fuelio gamitin

9. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Keep the FD as an Altis or Vios will not offer a significant increase in fuel efficiency. If you want to save in fuel expense, a diesel-fed vehicle would be a better option.

By the way, mababa ata fuel efficiency ng FD mo on highway runs. The R18 engine could do 12-15 km per liter on the highway unless you have dirty intakes or some other issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or baka mabigat din paa ni TS? Pero yeah ocnsidering na dapat pag highway consistent and steady high speed, I would expect the FD to do at least 12km/L.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Altis definitely. Since you seem to have enough funds to purchase this type of car means you can also afford the FC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast