New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Saw 2016 to 2017 Titanium models selling at just around 500-550k?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    DCT

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    there are plenty of transmission issues. shuddering is common. failure is inevitable...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    there are plenty of transmission issues. shuddering is common. failure is inevitable...
    Yikes planning to get one pa naman for errands car ni misis, no wonder price drop is is more than 50% kahit 2-3yo pa lang

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mak Letran View Post
    Yikes planning to get one pa naman for errands car ni misis, no wonder price drop is is more than 50% kahit 2-3yo pa lang
    If you really want an ecosport, get the manual. Or you can get a brandnew facelifted ecosport since it uses a conventional auto transmission now.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    If you really want an ecosport, get the manual. Or you can get a brandnew facelifted ecosport since it uses a conventional auto transmission now.
    Thought of it as a bargain kaya i considered, olats pala.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    vfm ang new vios xe cvt...

8. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I've heard similar fedback, esp. about their CVT transmissions.

I'm just thinking. Ford's warranty is usually for 5 years, transmission problems should be covered for that period...

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post

I'm just thinking. Ford's warranty is usually for 5 years, transmission problems should be covered for that period...
    Even with warranty though, that would mean you'd still have to deal with the transmission issues again in a few years (maybe even months) depending on how much you use the car. And that is not just money lost (especially if outside of warranty when it fails again), but also time lost in productivity.

Just my two cents on the matter.

I agree with opting for the Manual if it is available for the similar price point, if it really is the Ecosport they are eyeing.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post

even if there's warranty... didnt they stopped producing that transmission? how long will owners have to wait for a replacement?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast