New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    at that price range, altis a/t na lang. for chick magnet purposes, its the altis vs jazz. ill still take the altis with that comparison.

for other reasons, its a higher class from city, higher resale after 5 years.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    if "porma" and nothing else is your thing, i would definitely pick the Honda City 1.5E in Tafetta White shade.

but if you opt for a balance between "porma" and "comfort", the Altis 1.6G wins. it's a much more bigger car with a slighltly bigger engine displacement. the ride is very comfy too somewhat similar to the camry plus the interior and trunk is very roomy.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    at that price range, altis a/t na lang. for chick magnet purposes, its the altis vs jazz. ill still take the altis with that comparison.

for other reasons, its a higher class from city, higher resale after 5 years.
    I never thought that jazz or hatchback types are chick magnets... now I'm confused, 'coz I'm looking toward buying the new honda city 'coz it's masculine... pero sabi ng mga ibang friends ko, parang transformer daw... is that something that lowers its aesthetic value?

Mga sir 700k - 800k lang budget ko Thanks sa mga suggestions.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Vios 1.5 g a/t, laki discount dami freebies. and its a toyota so maintenance wont burn your pocket. Di naman po tayo nakikipag karera so reliability & easy maintenance and down the road resale value should be considered.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Corolla GLi 1993-1997. peso-for-peso the best value.

1. To be honest, basta may car ka na decent plus pogi points na yun sa chicks.

2. Pretty fuel efficient na rin siya kasi EFI na.

3. High resale value? Forget it... malaki na ang binagsak ng brand new car sa value the moment you drove it out of the dealer. Kahit Honda City pa yan. And what's to stop people from haggling you down? The Corolla GLi's value after 5 years, meanwhile, is negligible that you can practically give it away and won't feel bad about it... unless na-attach ka na sa car of course and decide to keep it til it falls apart (which is common with bigbody owners).

4. For between 150 to 180K which is just downpayment money you can fully own a well-maintained Corolla GLi... worth every peso you spend. Parts are plentiful and cheap, any grease monkey can fix it (including YOU since you seem smart enough), and doesn't leave you up to your neck in debt which is a cardinal sin for someone who's a big fan of saving money.

5. It's easy to find an automatic model. Usually these cars are owner-driven, so it shouldn't be hard to find one in good shape.

6. You wouldn't feel anxious parking this car at a public place and worry about scratches, dings, exposed paint... all those niggling details about a new car. Just keep it clean, neat and cool inside. Chicks like things neat and tidy and fresh smelling. Protip: Air Spencer.

7. Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE na di BINAHA yung SUPPOSEDLY BRAND NEW UNIT na ibibigay sayo? unless tatay mo yung mayari ng dealership I don't think they have your best interests in mind. They just want the sale.

8. And one more thing, pag yan ay NABANGGA or NASIRA for some reason at nagkataon na Honda yan... let's say na magkikita kayo uli ni manong jeepney driver ng madalas. Which brings down the resale value further, which means even more money lost.

Ang masasabi ko lang is explore all options, think outside the box. Madali lang bumili, mahirap kumita ng pera. If you must buy a car then go for it, I agree that a car is a very useful tool and will definitely change the way you live, but spend wisely.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    One more thing I forgot: You don't need to pay comprehensive insurance on an older car that you fully own. Just drive safely of course. With an automatic transmission you should be able to concentrate on the road and not the clutch.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Insurance isn't just for your benefit. If you accidentally hit someone else's vehicle, insurance can help cover that.

Even our older vehicles have insurance. It's extra cost, but if you do a lot of kilometers every year, it's worth it for the peace of mind and elimination of hassle during accidents.

In other countries, it's actually illegal to drive without insurance... not just the pathetic money-racket they call third-party-liability here.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Whatever car you choose, remember that its not the ride, its the rider.

Kung gusto mo maging chick magnet make yourself one, kung gusto mo ng masculine, mag gym ka.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Insurance isn't just for your benefit. If you accidentally hit someone else's vehicle, insurance can help cover that.

Even our older vehicles have insurance. It's extra cost, but if you do a lot of kilometers every year, it's worth it for the peace of mind and elimination of hassle during accidents.

In other countries, it's actually illegal to drive without insurance... not just the pathetic money-racket they call third-party-liability here.

That's true, but seeing as napakaunreliable at napakainconvenient pala mag claim ng insurance dito as evidenced by their snail-pace reaction to Ondoy victims, mas maganda pa siguro na mag-areglo nalang kayo rather than go through the hassle of claiming insurance. We are in the Philippines after all. The aforementioned Corolla can just go to any backyard talyer, straightened out and Bondoed there. Spare panels from donor cars, even entire nose and boot cuts and can be purchased at Banawe for a fraction of the price it will cost for a new card to be repaired. Namomonitor pa ang trabaho at minsan puwede pang hulugan.

Besides, kung wala kang insurance I'd like to think a driver drives more carefully that way as opposed to the mindset of "may insurance naman eh I can be a bit more aggressive driving and it's always the other driver's fault naman".

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    *tanatej Thank you tol sa advice. Very useful, dami palang dapat tingnan... One thing though, is there really a possibility that there are flooded brand new cars? If I'll buy for example in Makati?

Anyway I'll consider all of your advice

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Advice Pls.: Buying a car for a Dummy Like Me