New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Threaded View

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi all, newbie here… don’t know much about the terminologies, the specs etc. heck I don’t even know the types, the brand, the make, not until now that I’m doing research (and still struggling). That’s how innocent I am with cars.

‘Coz for me cars = LIABILITY.

I’ve been a big fan of “saving money”, long term investments, pera mo palaguin mo – Colayco etc. So even if I have the means to buy a car, I rather invest my money on mutual funds etc. But at this point in my life it seems that buying a new car is more of a necessity than a mere want (still single and not getting any younger ). Below are my primary motives in buying a car.

• Improve my lifestyle to get more options and opportunity of meeting new people (esp. women ) and experience more out of life (e.g. travel, adventures, social gatherings that I usually don’t go to because of the hassles of commuting etc.).
    • Going to work (pasig to makati), it’s not the traffic that I hate, it’s the waiting for a taxi, FX, bus during rush hours… I literally hate it! :furious: Grrrr….

With the above, my choice of car should be

• A chick magnet. Dapat masculine ang dating and stylish.
    • Fuel efficient (They say mas matipid ang 1.5 kesa sa 1.3?)
    • High resale value after 5 years. (They say Honda cars are better than Toyota when it comes to resale?).
    • Should be worth its price (700k – 800k)
    • Automatic

Can you please recommend a model, brand, color, etc. And what other things should I be looking for (given my above needs). I’m currently really considering a Honda City… may 2010 na ba? Ano pinagkaiba niya sa 2009 model. Here’s a quotation I got from Honda Makati this January… weird 2009 ang binigay, parang may 2010 na bagong labas.

MODEL SRP
    Honda City
    2009 1.3A M/T (with abs) 686,000
    2009 1.3 S MT (with airbags, abs) 726,000
    2009 1.3S AT (with airbags, abs ) 766,000
    2009 1.5E AT (with airbags, abs) 816,000
    Comparing 1.5E and 1.3S, is the 50K price difference worth it? Konti nalang 1.6 Altis G A/T na.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Saint Charm; January 17th, 2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: table price list

Advice Pls.: Buying a car for a Dummy Like Me