New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hi tsikot friends, I am really planning to buy my very first car within the month or two and I really need some advice on what kind of car to buy. Basically my budget should be less than 750k and manual. As of the moment, I am torn between either the 1.4 MT Ford Fiesta hatchback or the 1.3 S MT Honda City. I have done some research about both cars and I found out that both have some issues.

Fiesta has "kalampag" sound in dashboard, and then there are watermarks inside the headlights, suspension problem, windshield suddenly cracking due to defect in the tempering of glass etc.

City also has the "kalampag" sound in dashboard, by the side view mirrors and even the doors, whistling sound in the aircon when not in use for a long time etc.

After finding out these things, I am really having doubts whether these could be a good first car candidate. I am newbie so I am not very familiar with maintenance and stuff so I was wondering which car to buy or if there are other options that I could consider.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Try checking the new Swift. Sobrang sikip nga lang sa loob. Tightest in its class na ata. But it looks good. Hehe.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    nakita ko na siya sa trinoma and sm, yes, maganda siya sa loob and medyo masikip, pero i heard kasi na mahal sobra pyesa ng swift eh. so medyo di ko na sya kinokonsider. thanks though...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    With the foregone budget, limited na choices for a brand new one. Unless you opt for some Chinese.

For practicality (if that is what your looking for), there is the ubiquitous VIOS and its sibling AVANZA. Just do not be choosy with "ang dami na sa daan", "plasticky finish", etc. What do you expect for an entry-level car. There's reason why its one of the best selling out there......quite nice and affordable.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Vios. Haha. Cheapest econobox you can get na sobrang practical.

Yeah, sobrang sikip ng swift. AS IN.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    With the foregone budget, limited na choices for a brand new one. Unless you opt for some Chinese.

For practicality (if that is what your looking for), there is the ubiquitous VIOS and its sibling AVANZA. Just do not be choosy with "ang dami na sa daan", "plasticky finish", etc. What do you expect for an entry-level car. There's reason why its one of the best selling out there......quite nice and affordable.
    Vios was my first choice two years ago, pero now hindi na, hindi ko kasi talaga gusto na nasa gitna yung instrument panel nya and marami na ring nagsasabi na nagooverheat daw engine nito, kaya pansin sa mga taxi na parati nakaangat ang hood nila ng bahagya... thanks pa din though...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Vios. Haha. Cheapest econobox you can get na sobrang practical.

Yeah, sobrang sikip ng swift. AS IN.
    I agree, practical nga ang vios pero hindi q talaga sya gusto, mas maganda yung dating design nya and may azure blue pa dati na ngayon ay naging light blue which is di na masyado maganda. Sorry kung medyo choosy, pero di q talaga gusto vios, that is why i was considering either the city or fiesta, medyo nasa price range ko pa...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    City ako. May compartment, eh.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    accent o Rio kaya?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    No go ako sa Rio..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Advice for a Newbie in Buying My First Car: Fiesta or City or Others?