New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Are you looking at similar aged vehicles?

All three vehicles have their strong points:

Innova - car-like driving dynamics, good looks, decent to good fuel consumption, good power.

Crosswind - very simple mechanicals (cheap to take care of outside casa), rugged, good fuel consumption.

Starex - tons of space, nice, soft ride, great engine power (for the turbo).

Among those you've listed, the Starex has the biggest passenger capacity and the most comfortable ride. It's my choice of the three. This is considering the Starexes in your range are already CRDi, as the older non-CRDi Starexes aren't as fuel efficient as the Crosswind or the Innova.

The Crosswind is the one to get if you want something to last forever. It's like a jeepney with an aircon... (I'm getting another one myself).

The Innova is the one to get if you're uncomfortable driving vans or AUVs. It's easier to drive than the other two in traffic. While D4D issues are worrisome, it's possible that the current ECU fix (as detailed in said thread) has solved this.
    Thank you niky for your information.
    The Crosswind is the one to get if you want something to last forever. It's like a jeepney with an aircon... You've got it right.

Though my decision is not yet finalize I guess I will go for the crosswind XUV 2007 I saw the price it's P979,000 from the internet ewan ko lang po sa dealer magpapahanap pa po ako or baka maka kuha ng discount pa. And most of my friends recomended for the ENGINE reason matatag na daw talaga ang isuzu sa Diesel at mura nga daw ang maintenance after warranty period.

For the innova para kasi lang pong kotse na pinataas at pinalaki at yung problema na nga sa D4D though gusto ko siya pero di ako convinced I try ko po munang sakyan to see the reality.

The least from the list is the starex for the only reason Price more than 1M.

But again I am not closing the doors, I'm still searching the NET for more reviews for the shortlist cars. Magbabasa pa po ako at magtatanong pa..

I appreciate all your remarks and replies pertaining to your advices it helps me decides. medyo malaki kasi ang bibitawang pera... All of the above are noted and considered.

I will let you know once I finalize my decision baka kasi kuontra si Kumander in the end.

MagandangMura

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi na AUV ang Starex. It's a full-on people carrier and is designed for worldwide consumption (as opposed to AUV's being focused on the Asian market). The Starex (or H1 as it is known elsewhere) is designed to meet more stringent standards than the other two in terms of safety and equipment. Niky is correct, in terms of space, ride and capacity, the Starex easily eclipses the other two. The Starex actually feels and rides like a Pajero.

Some used local Starex CRDi GRX (single airbag, not sure if ABS) do not break the Php1M mark. I checked out a unit for Tsikoteer lolo_pepe and the unit was in good shape.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For my money, I'd opt for used Starex CRDi.

An XUV or Sportivo is not worth my money. IMO, only the bare unit XTOs are worth buying for their durable engine alone.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yun nga lang... the extra toys on the Sportivo don't warrant the price. You're better off, like mazdamazda says, getting the bare lower end units and just buying the accessories yourself. I don't know about the new LCD monitors, but the LCDs in our 2004 unit were crap. I could have just bought a Nextbase player and I would've been happier...

And yes, there are late model Starexes for much less than 1m.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung XTO nasa line up pa ba ngayon? For brand new units, puro XL at XT na lang yung mga hindi 'lifted' diba? XTO was the topline model before the jacked-up XUV series arrived IIRC.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yung XTO nasa line up pa ba ngayon? For brand new units, puro XL at XT na lang yung mga hindi 'lifted' diba? XTO was the topline model before the jacked-up XUV series arrived IIRC.
    Wala ng XTO na lumabas XL at XT na lang.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's the top-of-the-line XT, then, if you're going for the Crosswind. The lifted XUVi isn't very stable on the road, and the Sportivo is just a ridiculous amount of money for what you get. If you're seriously considering the Sportivo... Starex nalang... :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    kung crosswind xt ang kukunin mo, go for the color black! may nakita ako kanina, maporma!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    im not a huge crosswind fan... rode on my uncles XUV and i wasnt impressed. old school talaga. parang FX. hindi na sulit ito for the money. yes matibay ito kasi simple lang pero i really dont think its worth 800 grand. Innova na lang or Starex. both will ride much better.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In terms of safety the Starex has:
    *3-pt. ELR seatbelts on all outboard seating positions.
    *Driver's side SRS
    *ABS (on some variants)
    *Fire Extinguisher

In terms of 'tibay', the Starex can hold its own. Huwag lang sigurong balahura ang may-ari at ang nagmamaneho. All vehicles require maintenance.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Advice before buying an AUV