New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Guys,

I am new to this forum and I find it very helpful especially for me who is planning to buy a used AUV. I need advices / suggestions from all of you specially the GURUS of this forum.

I am thinking of buying a used AUV from the following short list:

Toyota Innova
    Isuzu Crosswind
    Hyundai Starex Van

Do you have any prices for the above mentioned AUV, which is better diesel or gasoline. Somebody told me that diesel used AUV is not a good choice.

It's for family used

MagandangMura

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Welcome to tsikot bro.

Tapos ang kaso panalo ang Innova sa mga pinagpipilian mo. Get the gas not the diesel fed Innova.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    innova is the best choice pero are you sure that your looking for a 2nd hand innova? medyo konti lang difference sa ngaoyn brand new na e ....

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    welcome to tsikot Sir!!! go for the innova,, tama si syuryuken go for the gas not the diesel.. but if you want 4 the diesel engine go for the crosswind..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thank you for your immediate response on my inquiry. Siguro I would go for Brand New either Innova 2.5J or Crosswind XT pareho silang diesel at ang presyo halos pareho din the only difference base sa nabasa ko ay ang

crosswind engine ay 2.5 Single (SOHC) 8V - ISUZU
    innova engine ay 2.5 Twin Cam (DOHC) 16V - TOYOTA

Ang suggested po sa site na www.motioncars.com kung innova eh mas ideal ang Diesel kaya lang sa tingin ko eh parang kotse ang dating na pinalaki lang.

Baka meron pa po kayong comments to help me finalize my decisions since hindi ako talaga magaling when it comes to sasakyan.

MagandangMura

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    The D4D Engine Woes Thread.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...4d+engine+woes

Kung ok lang sayo ang maugong at matagtag na sasakyan go for the Crosswind yan lang problema sa Isuzu "maugong" timing gear kasi ginagamit pero less maintenance naman compared sa mga timing belt.
    Last edited by Syuryuken; January 8th, 2007 at 09:36 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    hindi ako expert sa mga sasakyan ..... pero kung ako innova narin ako.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Are you looking at similar aged vehicles?

All three vehicles have their strong points:

Innova - car-like driving dynamics, good looks, decent to good fuel consumption, good power.

Crosswind - very simple mechanicals (cheap to take care of outside casa), rugged, good fuel consumption.

Starex - tons of space, nice, soft ride, great engine power (for the turbo).

Among those you've listed, the Starex has the biggest passenger capacity and the most comfortable ride. It's my choice of the three. This is considering the Starexes in your range are already CRDi, as the older non-CRDi Starexes aren't as fuel efficient as the Crosswind or the Innova.

The Crosswind is the one to get if you want something to last forever. It's like a jeepney with an aircon... (I'm getting another one myself).

The Innova is the one to get if you're uncomfortable driving vans or AUVs. It's easier to drive than the other two in traffic. While D4D issues are worrisome, it's possible that the current ECU fix (as detailed in said thread) has solved this.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmm...say that you *do* get the innova diesel, at merong D4D issues...pano mo ipapa reprogram ung ECU? tatanggapin kaya ng casa considering that you bought it second hand?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    hmm...say that you *do* get the innova diesel, at merong D4D issues...pano mo ipapa reprogram ung ECU? tatanggapin kaya ng casa considering that you bought it second hand?
    Whether you're the first owner or not, the warranty should still be good.

And, as per the Optra Behemoth Consumption thread, reprogramming doesn't cost all that much.

But then again, you can ask the owner... or check their service history at the casa, as, apparently, those without problems (some with over 40k kms already) still don't have them, and those with the problems seem to experience it recurringly... (another argument for the fuel quality angle).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Advice before buying an AUV