New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Hello tsikoteers, silent reader here for a weeks now. Sobrang naguguluhan ako sa dalawang to.

Found a repo Mazda 2 2018 with slight rear bumper issues (estimated repair cost at around 10k)

And

Hyundai Accent CRDi 2017 (second hand car)

Which one should I get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Test drive both! See which appeals to you most.

Between the two, the Mazda 2 is definitely the better made car.

The Accent is a cheap, barebones, budget car. But the diesel engine, for me, more than makes up for it.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gas engines have cheaper maintenance cost but diesel engines have cheaper fuel. When checking a used car, it would help if you have a good idea of its maintenance history.

The Accent CRDI is a good proposition for a small car. If you travel on long distances, the cheaper fuel cost outweighs its maintenance cost. On short distances, a gas-fed car will be better and easier to maintain.

One major complaint from a fellow Tsikoteer on the Accent CRDI is that it’s heavy for its size. The listed high gross vehicle weight makes it fall under the medium category of LTO. You’re practically paying registration cost of a Camry or Accord.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Test drive both! See which appeals to you most.

Between the two, the Mazda 2 is definitely the better made car.

The Accent is a cheap, barebones, budget car. But the diesel engine, for me, more than makes up for it.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk
    I would really love to! However, that wouldn’t be possible for the M2, since its a repo car. The least that I can do is to start the engine.

Later this weekend, I’ll have a mechanic check it. I’m leaning towards the M2, but Accent’s FC is giving me second thoughts.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Gas engines have cheaper maintenance cost but diesel engines have cheaper fuel. When checking a used car, it would help if you have a good idea of its maintenance history.

The Accent CRDI is a good proposition for a small car. If you travel on long distances, the cheaper fuel cost outweighs its maintenance cost. On short distances, a gas-fed car will be better and easier to maintain.

One major complaint from a fellow Tsikoteer on the Accent CRDI is that it’s heavy for its size. The listed high gross vehicle weight makes it fall under the medium category of LTO. You’re practically paying registration cost of a Camry or Accord.

My girlfriend lives in the province thats why I’m leaning towards the Accent.

But the M2’s sophisticated look... however my concern over the M2 is about its parts. I joined both car groups, accent owners are way better more active than mazda owners.

In terms of selling, inquiries, and getting advice.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about a City or Jazz? They are quite reliable and easy to maintain. They are also offer better interior space than the Accent or Mazda2.

The Mazda2 is a good car but it’s on the small side. The interior space is cramped like a Mirage. It does drive very well.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I'd stay away from Used CVTs.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How about a City or Jazz? They are quite reliable and easy to maintain. They are also offer better interior space than the Accent or Mazda2.

The Mazda2 is a good car but it’s on the small side. The interior space is cramped like a Mirage. It does drive very well.

My budget is around 400k-ish range (auto-loan), most of the jazz that I found on the market are 2016 model, are they still good?

Yep, Mazda isnt very generous with its space tho.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mc.jayronn View Post
    My budget is around 400k-ish range (auto-loan), most of the jazz that I found on the market are 2016 model, are they still good?

If they are in good shape, they will be fine. Travs won’t like them recent City or Jazz as they are CVTs. Hehehe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mc.jayronn View Post

If you're going Jazz, get a gen2 nonCVT. '14 & older.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast