New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmamaril View Post
    I had your dilemma a month ago. I was down to the Everest, Montero, Fortuner and TB. I eliminated the Montero because after test driving I felt na matagtag sya and hindi maganda NVH nya. The interior too leaves a lot to be desired. The TB I eliminated kahit best in class (together with the Everest) ang power nya because dated na yung interior and exterior nya sya pinakaluma na design jan sa apat. So I was down to the Fortuner and Everest.

If you're not looking to buy the top of the line and would get the mid-range, definitely value for money ang Trend over the Fortuner G. Daming walang features. Pareho silang 5-star safety rating sa ANCAP pero mas madami aribags and Everest. Naka leather na ang Trend while ang G fabric seats lang. The infotainment system leaps and bounds ang lamang ng Everest with the Sync 3 system. I find the Everestmore spacious too, Lalo na sa cargo. Yung fold-up 3rd row seats kasi ng FortunerI find weird as opposed to the Everest's fold flat 3rd row.

As for the Everest's engine Duratorq (Puma) very good response. You can feel the torque mid rpm (around 3500-4000) lakas hatak. I'm pretty stoked with kahit na 2.2L lang yung sa kin and fuel economy is also not bad. I'm averaging around 7-9km/l city driving.

For after sales naman protected ka naman ng warranty contract, so obliged sila to cover. And as for PMS 2 times a year ka lang naman. And over-all naman hindi naman horrible ang customer service ng Ford. Sakto lang. Syempre mas ok sa Toyota, but going back to my previous point you only see them twice a year.

I hope this helps. Happy car hunting. By the way if you will wait until late next year, may facelift ang Everest.
    Thanks sir! I am now down to the TB and Everest. Been thinking about the Fort and as much as I love the After Sales feedback that Toyota is getting. The current G is missing a lot of stuff that Eve Trend has.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom_newbie View Post
    Thanks sir! I am now down to the TB and Everest. Been thinking about the Fort and as much as I love the After Sales feedback that Toyota is getting. The current G is missing a lot of stuff that Eve Trend has.
    The updated G variant of the Fortuner has a lot of add-ons compared to the pre-update model. You may want to check it out. But I think Everest Trend still has more bells and whistles than the G Fortuner.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    The updated G variant of the Fortuner has a lot of add-ons compared to the pre-update model. You may want to check it out. But I think Everest Trend still has more bells and whistles than the G Fortuner.
    Thanks. Yes. I was about to take the plunge and take the Fort 2 days ago. But my wife kind of made me think and re consider the Eve Trend. So now, I am giving myself a week before really deciding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    If you can wait until next year, baka lumabas na yung facelifted mu-X. Much better interior than the outgoing model, plus tried and tested powertrain pa and standard safety features (stability/traction control, Hill Start Assist) for A/T models.

Sabi ng ibang reviewers, maganda ang suspension ng mu-X (like an old Range Rover) for offroading yet comfortable on-road.

Driving our 2.5 A/T for three years, wala naman naging major problem at hindi din naman mausok. For parts, I think it wouldn't be a problem sa Isuzu kasi matagal na in production ang 2.5 at 3.0.

Pero kung sa tatlo lang pipili, I'd pick the Everest. I find the Fortuner and TB too expensive for what they offer.

Sent from my E6683 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

I own a 3.0 Mu-X and for me the ride is still bouncy.

I don't know if it is just me tho.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom_newbie View Post
    Mga sirs. I have been reading through the thread and it has been very informative. I have been replying to some of the other threads.

I am planning to purchase my very first SUV and I have a few on my lists and for me a commitment to pay this for 3-5 years is no joke and do not want to waste my hard earned money. Sana makapag bigay kayo mga sir ng comments, suggestions or feedback to help me decide on what to go for. Please see below:

- Fortuner 4x2 G AT (Pros: Pogi, Reliability and AS | Cons: Missing a couple of things like the airbags, features from the other SUV's, etc.)
    - Ford Everest 4x2 Trend (Pros: Pogi, Tech Feature/s Loaded, Safety and airbags | Cons: Reliability?, AS?)
    - Chevy Trail 4x2 LT Black Edition (Pros: Pogi, Some good tech features | Cons: AS, Reliability)

For the CONS part I might be wrong but I have googled local reviews, read through all threads related to the 3 and have test drove all 3. It would be nice to hear from direct owners themselves.

The fun part is with Trail. I have a huge discount from a showroom where we kind of know the owner because of a very bad experience with my mother in law's current Trail. The owner is going to give a discount on top of the discounts (Almost 200k in total) that they already offer maybe to get our confidence back or baka bumabawi. It is tempting but I am actually looking on how an initial saving (discount) can help me in the long run. This might be a trap.

Love the Fort and Eve! Kaso reliability and AS nila basing on what I have read is almost night and day. Again, I might be wrong and maybe seeing just all the negative stuff out there.

More leaning on the Fort but read this thread and Eve is looking nicceerr. For the trail, I think its more of the discount but it is also good looking and is not really a bad SUV.

My top 3 priorities are safety, AS and reliability. Nice to have the tech part of things.

TIA!!!!
    i would probably cross out the ones with questionable aftersales and reliability issues. i mean, that is the point of buying brand-new, right? "No-problem driving experience".
    so what does that leave us?

heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmamaril View Post
    I had your dilemma a month ago. I was down to the Everest, Montero, Fortuner and TB. I eliminated the Montero because after test driving I felt na matagtag sya and hindi maganda NVH nya. The interior too leaves a lot to be desired. The TB I eliminated kahit best in class (together with the Everest) ang power nya because dated na yung interior and exterior nya sya pinakaluma na design jan sa apat. So I was down to the Fortuner and Everest.
    Matagtag ang montero? Then how come na most of the reviews say that it has the most comfortable suspension among ppvs? Among them, i've heard many times na ang fortuner daw ang matagtag sa kanila but it's still better than its predecessor though.

Sa nvh naman, i heard closely the new 2.4 before, which is a lot quieter than the old 2.5 and 3.2 engines. I think mas tahimik pa nga siguro din to compared sa 3.0 ng mu-x but i could be wrong.

Interior, well, space wise masikip talaga sa loob. Yun ang di maganda sa kanya kasi ni-retain parin ng mitsu ang same width ng dating model kaya parang halos walang nagbago rito. Pero mas lamang parin ang materials nito than the materials inside the mu-x, which people say that it's bland because despite the black interior, halata ang hard plastics sa loob, lalo na sa dashboard at door panels/sidings.

Among the choices, the fortuner i think is the best looking pero marami padin ang wala sa base model tapos about p1.5m pa while the everest may seem the best kasi ok ang features and looks plus the asking price. Marami din sa kalsada kaya lang pag pms, maging maingat ka sa pagpili ng casa kasi obvious naman ang case sa kanila when it comes to aftersales. The tb? Well, kung ayaw mo ng common na car, this is the least common among ppvs. May binatbat parin naman when it comes to hp kaso oldest model na din sya pero i still look at it when i see a new one kasi maporma parin naman kahit papano. Kaya lang twin din sya ng mu-x, body-wise. Baka mapagkamalan pa ng iba na isuzu dala mo pag di sila familiar sa badge haha.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    pero marami padin ang wala sa base model tapos about p1.5m pa while the everest may seem the best kasi ok ang features and looks plus the asking price.
    If features sold cars, the Accord and Sonata would have eaten the Camry several times over...

Too bad you hardly see those on the road... I think I see more 2 generation old Camries kesa sa Sonatas pa hehehe
    Last edited by mda; September 14th, 2017 at 12:00 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    If features sold cars, the Accord and Sonata would have eaten the Camry several times over...

Too bad you hardly see those on the road... I think I see more 2 generation old Camries kesa sa Sonatas pa hehehe
    Not saying naman na more features would equate to more sold units sa isang model...

Bakit, yung bagong montero ba na maraming features, mas lamang ba sa benta kaysa fortuner na mas onti ang features? Hehehe...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Not saying naman na more features would equate to more sold units sa isang model...

Bakit, yung bagong montero ba na maraming features, mas lamang ba sa benta kaysa fortuner na mas onti ang features? Hehehe...
    Hehe ganun na nga. Although I suppose may segment ng market talaga tumitingin ng features, and the others, mas hindi.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Hehe ganun na nga. Although I suppose may segment ng market talaga tumitingin ng features, and the others, mas hindi.
    Ganito kasi ang patakaran dito satin, sir.

Imbes na "features sold cars", eh "badge sold cars", which is obvious na since way back then kaya di na dapat tayo magtaka kung bakit ganito. Kung ano kasi ang common na nakikita ng mga tao, edi doon sila, lalo na yung mga wala pang gaanong alam sa kotse. Sobrang sikat kasi ng 'T' na brand eh kaya kung ano man kulang sa models nila, kung gaano pa mas mataas ang presyo niya kumpara sa iba, may bibili at bibili pa rin. Pero imagine kung lahat ng possible features nasa models na nila per class, like best hp in it's class, most hi-tech, most comfortable, most durable, etc. edi nasa kanila na lahat ng shares sa sales. Kung mangyari yun, edi lugi at kawawa ang ibang mga brands kasi mawawalan sila ng shares sa market eh. Kaya siguro, baka nagpapasalamat nga yung ibang makers sa kanila kasi di ganun ang ginagawa ng toyota sa models nila, na isagad ang features tapos babaan ang presyo. Silang iibang brands ang gumagawa nun sa models nila. Imbes na ganun, eh kabaligtaran pa ang ginawa ng toyota kasi gusto parin nila na magkaroon ng kalaban mula sa iba kahit papano at di rin naman maganda tingnan kung sila lang ang binibili ng mga tao. Kadamutan na tawag dun. Kaya nga may nag-eexist na market eh dahil sa choices at competition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast