New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Mga sirs. I have been reading through the thread and it has been very informative. I have been replying to some of the other threads.

I am planning to purchase my very first SUV and I have a few on my lists and for me a commitment to pay this for 3-5 years is no joke and do not want to waste my hard earned money. Sana makapag bigay kayo mga sir ng comments, suggestions or feedback to help me decide on what to go for. Please see below:

- Fortuner 4x2 G AT (Pros: Pogi, Reliability and AS | Cons: Missing a couple of things like the airbags, features from the other SUV's, etc.)
    - Ford Everest 4x2 Trend (Pros: Pogi, Tech Feature/s Loaded, Safety and airbags | Cons: Reliability?, AS?)
    - Chevy Trail 4x2 LT Black Edition (Pros: Pogi, Some good tech features | Cons: AS, Reliability)

For the CONS part I might be wrong but I have googled local reviews, read through all threads related to the 3 and have test drove all 3. It would be nice to hear from direct owners themselves.

The fun part is with Trail. I have a huge discount from a showroom where we kind of know the owner because of a very bad experience with my mother in law's current Trail. The owner is going to give a discount on top of the discounts (Almost 200k in total) that they already offer maybe to get our confidence back or baka bumabawi. It is tempting but I am actually looking on how an initial saving (discount) can help me in the long run. This might be a trap.

Love the Fort and Eve! Kaso reliability and AS nila basing on what I have read is almost night and day. Again, I might be wrong and maybe seeing just all the negative stuff out there.

More leaning on the Fort but read this thread and Eve is looking nicceerr. For the trail, I think its more of the discount but it is also good looking and is not really a bad SUV.

My top 3 priorities are safety, AS and reliability. Nice to have the tech part of things.

TIA!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What is AS?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    First up, you really can’t go wrong whatever you choose as all these PPVs are good in their own way.
    Safety:
    Everest Trend – side/curtain airbags, stability control, cruise control and hill-start assist

After Sales:
    Fortuner G 4x2 AT – more dealerships, supposedly better parts availability, supposedly cheaper PMS
    Everest Trend – every 10k kms or 6mos PMS schedule, should not be that expensive just do not rely or agree on every recommendation by the service advisor.

Reliability:
    Fortuner G 4x2 AT – New series engine still does not have track record to prove reliability but being a Toyota, it should be.
    Everest Trend – Engine has been used by rangers for a few years already and the old issue/s supposedly resolved.

Tech:
    Everest Trend – sync 3, multifunction display gauge instrument cluster

Driving the Trend for almost 2 yrs now and still enjoying it. The new Fort has grown on me and I would not mind having one given the chance. Same goes with other PPVs, I love ‘em all. Wag lang douchebag yung driver hehehe

HTH

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    What is AS?
    Safe money is on After Sales

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    If I am only after reliable LSD (limited slip differential), which one should I pick?
    How much % power is transferred to the wheel with traction?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Head-On View Post
    First up, you really can’t go wrong whatever you choose as all these PPVs are good in their own way.
    Safety:
    Everest Trend – side/curtain airbags, stability control, cruise control and hill-start assist

After Sales:
    Fortuner G 4x2 AT – more dealerships, supposedly better parts availability, supposedly cheaper PMS
    Everest Trend – every 10k kms or 6mos PMS schedule, should not be that expensive just do not rely or agree on every recommendation by the service advisor.

Reliability:
    Fortuner G 4x2 AT – New series engine still does not have track record to prove reliability but being a Toyota, it should be.
    Everest Trend – Engine has been used by rangers for a few years already and the old issue/s supposedly resolved.

Tech:
    Everest Trend – sync 3, multifunction display gauge instrument cluster

Driving the Trend for almost 2 yrs now and still enjoying it. The new Fort has grown on me and I would not mind having one given the chance. Same goes with other PPVs, I love ‘em all. Wag lang douchebag yung driver hehehe

HTH
    Yes, Sir! No to douchebags, Apir!

Thank you so much sa feedback! This helps a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by khantan View Post
    If I am only after reliable LSD (limited slip differential), which one should I pick?
    How much % power is transferred to the wheel with traction?
    Limited-slip differential - Wikipedia

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom_newbie View Post
    Mga sirs. I have been reading through the thread and it has been very informative. I have been replying to some of the other threads.

I am planning to purchase my very first SUV and I have a few on my lists and for me a commitment to pay this for 3-5 years is no joke and do not want to waste my hard earned money. Sana makapag bigay kayo mga sir ng comments, suggestions or feedback to help me decide on what to go for. Please see below:

- Fortuner 4x2 G AT (Pros: Pogi, Reliability and AS | Cons: Missing a couple of things like the airbags, features from the other SUV's, etc.)
    - Ford Everest 4x2 Trend (Pros: Pogi, Tech Feature/s Loaded, Safety and airbags | Cons: Reliability?, AS?)
    - Chevy Trail 4x2 LT Black Edition (Pros: Pogi, Some good tech features | Cons: AS, Reliability)

For the CONS part I might be wrong but I have googled local reviews, read through all threads related to the 3 and have test drove all 3. It would be nice to hear from direct owners themselves.

The fun part is with Trail. I have a huge discount from a showroom where we kind of know the owner because of a very bad experience with my mother in law's current Trail. The owner is going to give a discount on top of the discounts (Almost 200k in total) that they already offer maybe to get our confidence back or baka bumabawi. It is tempting but I am actually looking on how an initial saving (discount) can help me in the long run. This might be a trap.

Love the Fort and Eve! Kaso reliability and AS nila basing on what I have read is almost night and day. Again, I might be wrong and maybe seeing just all the negative stuff out there.

More leaning on the Fort but read this thread and Eve is looking nicceerr. For the trail, I think its more of the discount but it is also good looking and is not really a bad SUV.

My top 3 priorities are safety, AS and reliability. Nice to have the tech part of things.

TIA!!!!
    If you can wait until next year, baka lumabas na yung facelifted mu-X. Much better interior than the outgoing model, plus tried and tested powertrain pa and standard safety features (stability/traction control, Hill Start Assist) for A/T models.

Sabi ng ibang reviewers, maganda ang suspension ng mu-X (like an old Range Rover) for offroading yet comfortable on-road.

Driving our 2.5 A/T for three years, wala naman naging major problem at hindi din naman mausok. For parts, I think it wouldn't be a problem sa Isuzu kasi matagal na in production ang 2.5 at 3.0.

Pero kung sa tatlo lang pipili, I'd pick the Everest. I find the Fortuner and TB too expensive for what they offer.

Sent from my E6683 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    If you can wait until next year, baka lumabas na yung facelifted mu-X. Much better interior than the outgoing model, plus tried and tested powertrain pa and standard safety features (stability/traction control, Hill Start Assist) for A/T models.

Sabi ng ibang reviewers, maganda ang suspension ng mu-X (like an old Range Rover) for offroading yet comfortable on-road.

Driving our 2.5 A/T for three years, wala naman naging major problem at hindi din naman mausok. For parts, I think it wouldn't be a problem sa Isuzu kasi matagal na in production ang 2.5 at 3.0.

Pero kung sa tatlo lang pipili, I'd pick the Everest. I find the Fortuner and TB too expensive for what they offer.

Sent from my E6683 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Salamat sir. Actually, yan ang unang tinignan ko and choice ko. The wife does not like the interior and the old engine. Saw the facelifted too, ang ganda.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom_newbie View Post
    Salamat sir. Actually, yan ang unang tinignan ko and choice ko. The wife does not like the interior and the old engine. Saw the facelifted too, ang ganda.

I had your dilemma a month ago. I was down to the Everest, Montero, Fortuner and TB. I eliminated the Montero because after test driving I felt na matagtag sya and hindi maganda NVH nya. The interior too leaves a lot to be desired. The TB I eliminated kahit best in class (together with the Everest) ang power nya because dated na yung interior and exterior nya sya pinakaluma na design jan sa apat. So I was down to the Fortuner and Everest.

If you're not looking to buy the top of the line and would get the mid-range, definitely value for money ang Trend over the Fortuner G. Daming walang features. Pareho silang 5-star safety rating sa ANCAP pero mas madami aribags and Everest. Naka leather na ang Trend while ang G fabric seats lang. The infotainment system leaps and bounds ang lamang ng Everest with the Sync 3 system. I find the Everestmore spacious too, Lalo na sa cargo. Yung fold-up 3rd row seats kasi ng FortunerI find weird as opposed to the Everest's fold flat 3rd row.

As for the Everest's engine Duratorq (Puma) very good response. You can feel the torque mid rpm (around 3500-4000) lakas hatak. I'm pretty stoked with kahit na 2.2L lang yung sa kin and fuel economy is also not bad. I'm averaging around 7-9km/l city driving.

For after sales naman protected ka naman ng warranty contract, so obliged sila to cover. And as for PMS 2 times a year ka lang naman. And over-all naman hindi naman horrible ang customer service ng Ford. Sakto lang. Syempre mas ok sa Toyota, but going back to my previous point you only see them twice a year.

I hope this helps. Happy car hunting. By the way if you will wait until late next year, may facelift ang Everest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast