New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, for most practical purposes, for city driving, ok na yung 4x2. even on a wet road, you won't have much use for all-wheel drive; mas designed yan sa snow and light off-roading than pavement use e

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    well the new models of rav and crv have their own platform designs but still its uni-body construction (car-like) won't get you anywhere if you're going to go off-roading.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron naman hehe, light mud plugging, dirt and gravel roads, sand, grass... basta wag lang rocks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sakyan mo lahat tapos kung ano gusto mo bilhin mo na.. hehe.. btw.... isipin mo din parts availability

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rav4 sv 1.8 tipid sa gas...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    mga igan, tanong ko lang ano difference ng 4x4 sa 4x2? diba 4x4 apat na gulong puwedeng paganahin, eh ung 4x2? 2 gulong lang ba? diba ung mga regular cars 2 gulong din ang gumagana? thanks.

para sa akin type ko ung explorer sport trac kaso malakas daw sa gas.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    so.. you've narrowed down your choice between escape & RAV4, sir kpdlr..both of these cars have their die-hard fans & satisfied owners needless to say very high tech features you alone can decide which fits your liking..

IMHO, escape is assembled in sta rosa, laguna where hundreds of skilled pinoy man-days are utilized along the production line..if RAV4 is a CBU from thailand or anywhere..i would say go for escape..you're getting the car of your dreams, you're helping those guys in sta rosa earn their living..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    So 4wd is out of the question. Ang choices mo na lang ay Escape 2.3L at RAV SV 1.8, parehas na 4x2 variants.

Kung gusto mo ng poging SUV at matipid na fuel consumption get the RAV. Pero kung gusto mo ng swabeng driving at comfortable ride, get the escape. It also has the new 2.3L engine..this is far better than my 2.0L escape. Also the new escape have complete safety equipments.. Airbags, Anti-Locking Brakes System, Better suspension. I've driven pepengtom's RAV SV..personal opinion..para kang nasa loob ng kinakalog sa binggo.. masyado kasing maikli ang wheel base imo lang. Un din ang sabi ng mga kaibigan ko nung sumakay sila sa RAV, they prefer the Escape. Kung gusto mo, test drive mo sila parehas and see which is better.

And if you want more pogi points..get the Mazda Tribute!! Brother to ng Escape..cheaper pa!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for mini cute-utes i'll put my money on the Tribute. New Player seems to stay this time.
    (problem lang sa escape and tribute is the resale value), sana ma stretch mo pa hanggang 1.3M then my vote will to go the KIA SORENTO

BUT, if that was my money, i'll be scouting for a late 90s/early 2000s TRUE BLUE SUV,
    (True Blue???) yes meaning 4x4, ladder frame, low range gears, LSD/Lockers etc etc

these can help you in dire strait situation went it arises. yes i know paveroad ka lang, pero its better to have it and you dont need it, rather than you need but you dont have it.

SUVs on my mind
    98-00 Nissan Safari Patrol (with lockers)
    98-00 Isuzu Trooper (with LSD)
    99-00 Mitsubishi Pajero
    Toyota Landcruiser 80
    Toyota Landcruiser 90 prado

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get the Escape. RAV4 is rather small inside. The exterior tire is another thing to consider since it partially blocks your rear view and is prone to being stolen or vandalized even with the tire cover. You can install back sensors with Escape, much more difficult with RAV4 and CR-Vs since the bumpers are not straight.

The only thing with Escape is that the 2005 model is coming out in a few months which might lead to buyers remorse if you get one now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
About to buy an mini-SUV, please help...