New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you're "upgrading" after only 6 months? isn't that a little too hasty? may i inquire, what type of driving do you do, that beehoves you to "upgrade"?
    and i prefer to buy from real owners, the ones with their names on the CR. ask for a hefty but decent discount. i like to believe that these persons are not after the money when they sell their cars. and you know how much they like their cars, the way they intelligently show it off to potential buyers.

2. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    everytime i sell my car, i always make it a point to bring it to the casa along with the buyer for a thorough check of the vehicle at my cost. by doing this, iwas hassle sa buyer and it will surely clear out any doubts from the buyer. mura lang naman yun around 3k-4k, awitan mo nalang yung seller na sagutin yun. good luck with your new purchase.
    Ah yes, I bought the City to Honda Cars Makati last September for tune-up / check-up / change-oil / engine-wash. As per them, in very good condition pa daw ung sasakyan pero of course may mga findings sila. Sobrang mahal lang kase sila sumingil kaya sa labas ko na lang pina-service. Just last week I replaced the PCV hose, spark plugs (8 pieces), rotor disk (break) and break pads as recommended by Honda. And pina-repaint ko ung front and rear bumpers para mawala ung minor scratches. So all in all I think this car is a good buy. Para rin sa next owner nya

Thanks!

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you're "upgrading" after only 6 months? isn't that a little too hasty? may i inquire, what type of driving do you do, that beehoves you to "upgrade"?
    The City is our first and only car. I use it everyday from pasay to buendia-makati and vice-versa. Anong naisip ko bakit ako mag upgrade? Well, first my friend let me inside his Civic and talagang may wow factor ung interior compared sa City 08. Second siguro the budget finally allows me

and i prefer to buy from real owners, the ones with their names on the CR. ask for a hefty but decent discount. i like to believe that these persons are not after the money when they sell their cars. and you know how much they like their cars, the way they intelligently show it off to potential buyers.
    I went around the Car dealers here in metro and try to get a good deal. Sad to say napaka-babarat talaga nila :D

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Don't expect the same fuel expense when moving up to a Civic FD from a City GD (IDSI). The IDSI cars (City and Jazz) have been known to offer great FC (even better than the i-VTEC City/Jazz). The Civic FD still offers decent FC for a 1.8L car. The 2.0L Civic FD has a stronger engine but higher FC.

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Don't expect the same fuel expense when moving up to a Civic FD from a City GD (IDSI). The IDSI cars (City and Jazz) have been known to offer great FC (even better than the i-VTEC City/Jazz). The Civic FD still offers decent FC for a 1.8L car. The 2.0L Civic FD has a stronger engine but higher FC.
    Yes I really expect the Civic FD to be not as economical as the City iDSi fuel-wise.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    ok naman CITY 08 bakit mo pa kaylangan mag upgrade sa CIVIC 09? kung subok mo na honda city mo para sa akin ok na yan, pag lumipat ka sa civic mamya baka sakit lang sa ulo yan, hirap na makahanap ng 2nd hand car na walang defect , kung upgrade ang gusto mo, bkit 1 year upgrade lang? pati malakas sa gas ang civic compare sa city. in short TS naghahanap kalang ng pagkakagastusan hehe.. kung mag upgrade ka dapat 2011 pataas na

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=Ryan Bayona;2259163]The City is our first and only car. I use it everyday from pasay to buendia-makati and vice-versa. Anong naisip ko bakit ako mag upgrade? Well, first my friend let me inside his Civic and talagang may wow factor ung interior compared sa City 08. Second siguro the budget finally allow

ah yes...
    "the grass is always greener on the other side of the lake" syndrome. but are you willing to be reminded of it everytime you drive into the gas station?
    chew on it for a while, say, 1 month. the FD isn't going anywhere, anyway..
    Last edited by dr. d; November 8th, 2013 at 12:57 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2013
    Ok. So lumipas ang weekend and I eliminated seller A (ung car dealer) . I visited seller b and got a good deal of 440K for Honda Civic 2008 ( the year/model was really 2008, not 2009 as advertised) now here is my dilemma:

Ano po ba ang pinagkaiba ng honda civic 2008 vs 2009?

Having the same price, which one will you pick :

Honda Civic 2009 1.8V MT (40K-50K mileage)
    Honda Civic 2008 1.8S AT (20K-30K mileage)

Both have casa records and in good condition.

Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Mechanically the same yung Civic FD when it was introduced from 2006 to 2011. The model underwent minor model changes (MMC) in 2009. Most observable changes are the taillight design, the wheels (mags), and the foglight design. Medyo nabago rin yung front fascia design. The previous Civic (ES, 2001-2005) also underwent MMC midway thru its generation.

I'd pick the 1.8S over the 1.8V. The V is the entry-level model and has less features compared to the S model. Not sure if Honda introduced airbags in the V model when the FD under MMC in 2009.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I'd pick the 1.8S over the 1.8V. The V is the entry-level model and has less features compared to the S model. Not sure if Honda introduced airbags in the V model when the FD under MMC in 2009.[/QUOTE]

ang gulo... sa toyota, yung V ang top of the line nila.. sa honda, bottom of the line siya?
    heh heh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12