New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post
    How about everest 2014 (old model)?
    I like the Everest. But I find the Montero to be more modern. Depends really on how you plan to use the car. But if it is to be a harabas vehicle, then Everest it is.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Pag secondhand ba do they still allow downpayments? We're planning to buy an old Montero/Fortuner sana (by the end of the year) but I'm kinda unsure if sellers still permit dp or straight cash talaga sila.

Also is there a preferred old model/variant of the 2 cars Ive mentioned above?? Sorry po new lang sa car stuff [emoji23][emoji23]

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mowraj View Post
    Pag secondhand ba do they still allow downpayments? We're planning to buy an old Montero/Fortuner sana (by the end of the year) but I'm kinda unsure if sellers still permit dp or straight cash talaga sila.

Also is there a preferred old model/variant of the 2 cars Ive mentioned above?? Sorry po new lang sa car stuff [emoji23][emoji23]
    How old are we talking here?

I know there is a certain age limit for used cars. Forgot the age, though there are lots of threads here that talk about this. Also the ones that usually allow financing are bayan sellers, so their asking price would already be higher than usual to begin with.

What variants are we looking at here? I say go for the Montero if you prioritize performance and ride comfort, especially the VGT equipped variants. For the timelessly upscale design and best in class resale value, Fortuner is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009

if they allow dp most likely ipapasa din nila yun sa financing agents like banks. but something to be aware. bank interest rates for 2nd hand are more than double compared to brand new vehicles. 4-5% vs. 11% per annum if I am not mistaken. also they limit the unit to be financed at maximum to be 4 or 5 years old. for "special" i.e. expensive autos they may extend this to 8yr old units.

5. Join Date
    May 2014

I'm not sure with MMPC, but with Toyota, they have the CPO (Certified Pre Owned) which are 2nd hand vehicles that were traded in to respective showrooms. The units that are available will vary per showroom. It will come with a 1 year limited warranty after you buy it and you could technically go with a bank mortgage for this (though as someone mentioned, the rate is at least double what you could get for something brand new).

I'm not sure if a 5 year old Fortuner or Montero would be sold at 800k though. Assuming the 1.3million price tag the older base variant of AT (I forgot if that meant just gas for Fortuner) it would hit around 750k php with assumed depreciation of 90% per year.

But, with Toyota CPO program, you'd actually have to call each showroom near your area if they have a Fortuner available for you and within your budget with an acceptable age and mileage driven already.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    I'm not sure with MMPC, but with Toyota, they have the CPO (Certified Pre Owned) which are 2nd hand vehicles that were traded in to respective showrooms. The units that are available will vary per showroom. It will come with a 1 year limited warranty after you buy it and you could technically go with a bank mortgage for this (though as someone mentioned, the rate is at least double what you could get for something brand new).

I'm not sure if a 5 year old Fortuner or Montero would be sold at 800k though. Assuming the 1.3million price tag the older base variant of AT (I forgot if that meant just gas for Fortuner) it would hit around 750k php with assumed depreciation of 90% per year.

But, with Toyota CPO program, you'd actually have to call each showroom near your area if they have a Fortuner available for you and within your budget with an acceptable age and mileage driven already.
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Will take this in mind [emoji23][emoji23] sorry im still kinda new to all of this car stuff. And i know ill need opinions from those who are more knowledgeable hahah thnxxx

7. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    My mom prefers fortuner/montero. Primarily becoz of the ride height (well we live near UST ) bahain masyado and sitting capacity. With around 500-700k budget (but I think she will opt for downpayment then 1-2year term if possible pag payment. Ang bigat pag full amount well dat depends) Im slowly trying to learn more about cars (pati engine specs etc) so I'll know what to relay sa aming mechanic na cousin tsaka para alam ko rin yung papasukin naming transaction.

Is there a model/variant guys and gals na you can suggest based on the given preferences??

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    My mom prefers fortuner/montero.

Is there a model/variant guys and gals na you can suggest based on the given preferences??
    for montero, you can check out the 2012-2015 Gen 2 models, GTV variants

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    GLS-V is more than enough..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^i'm guessing even the glx will do

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast