New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Made this thread so as not to hi-jack the other existing threads.

Asking for suggestions. Looking for a secondhand sedan with the ff considerations:

- Up to 400k
    - 2015 or newer
    - Daily Driver (Alabang to Makati)
    - Good FC and easy to.maintain
    - Very important: Enough driver leg room for a 6 footer

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    Made this thread so as not to hi-jack the other existing threads.

Asking for suggestions. Looking for a secondhand sedan with the ff considerations:

- Up to 400k
    - 2015 or newer
    - Daily Driver (Alabang to Makati)
    - Good FC and easy to.maintain
    - Very important: Enough driver leg room for a 6 footer

Thanks!
    mukhang swift dzire, rio lang ang sedan na pasok dyan and some mini hatch lang pasok sa 2015 model nakikita ko sa ganyan price range

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    stretch the budget at kuha siya ng older innova, siguro? it offers genuine space. at kahit luma na, matibay talaga.
    puede rin camry and such. just forget the fuel economy and the old-ness.
    my opinion.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 24th, 2018 at 08:46 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    stretch the budget at kuha siya ng older innova, siguro? it offers genuine space. at kahit luma na, matibay talaga.
    puede rin camry and such. just forget the fuel economy and the old-ness.
    my opinion.
    I can probably stretch to 500k pero I can only get a 4 year old vehicle (max) because thats what the company can only allow. Pakotse pero bitin hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I can probably stretch to 500k pero I can only get a 4 year old vehicle (max) because thats what the company can only allow. Pakotse pero bitin hehe
    ah! "company rules."
    well, it's still better than nothing.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Brio siguro? I've driven one, and I was able to find a good driving position. I'm 5"10. Just that there won't be a lot of rear legroom left behind the driver's seat if you plan on bringing passengers. Performance is pretty decent by my standards, and actually very good considering its class.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    dun ka sa less hot brands like kia and hyundai.. kung mag honda / toyota ka baka wala ka makuha na 2015 model for 400k unless yung mga small hatches like wigo ang kukunin mo..

check out kia rio or hyundai elantra.. (pero kung sa casa service.. kia na lang) fairly decent models with good source of parts.. kaya na makipag sabayan sa reliability with known brands..

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ah! "company rules."
    well, it's still better than nothing.
    True haha but its giving me stress, good kind of stress

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Brio siguro? I've driven one, and I was able to find a good driving position. I'm 5"10. Just that there won't be a lot of rear legroom left behind the driver's seat if you plan on bringing passengers. Performance is pretty decent by my standards, and actually very good considering its class.

Gotta try that one, havent seen the interior of brio yet.
    Might be bringing passengers but every weekend only, pero up to 2 lang naman

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    dun ka sa less hot brands like kia and hyundai.. kung mag honda / toyota ka baka wala ka makuha na 2015 model for 400k unless yung mga small hatches like wigo ang kukunin mo..

check out kia rio or hyundai elantra.. (pero kung sa casa service.. kia na lang) fairly decent models with good source of parts.. kaya na makipag sabayan sa reliability with known brands..
    Yun nga e, medyo restricted na ko. Like I said I can go up to 500k by shelling out 100k from my own pocket, pero super stretched na yun for me.

Elantra? Or accent you mean?

---

Guys how about Almera?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'm also on the buying track.
    i also have almera in my list, but there simply is very little tsikoteer feedback! and whatever is here, lists potential problems, which the other contributor affirmed.
    and every other day, a new model drives in...
    i'm now strongly considering a used innova. i have had very good experience with it.

try innova po. dagdag kayo ng more.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 24th, 2018 at 09:50 AM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    True haha but its giving me stress, good kind of stress

Gotta try that one, havent seen the interior of brio yet.
    Might be bringing passengers but every weekend only, pero up to 2 lang naman

Yun nga e, medyo restricted na ko. Like I said I can go up to 500k by shelling out 100k from my own pocket, pero super stretched na yun for me.

Elantra? Or accent you mean?

---

Guys how about Almera?
    Brio interior is a tad plasticky. But everything feels sturdy. I have a friend who drives a Brio Amaze. The side profile takes a lot of getting used to. But then again, its a Honda and for gasoline-powered cars I'd take a Honda over a Hyundai or Kia any day.

If you plan on replacing the car in a few years though, perhaps you can consider the Accent. Lots of bank repossessed units...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast