New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Is fuel efficiency very high in your list? What about performance? I prefer taller, diesel vehicles as daily city drivers. You get more durable underpinnings and the benefits of cheaper diesel fuel and lesser fuel consumption as compared to its gasoline counterpart. I don't mind the age difference a lot. It all boils down to how well the car is taken cared of. I'd say most of our cars (may mga burara din sa pamilya namin ) have interiors that are more well kept than some cars half their age.

If you don't drive fast a lot, the diesel Revo or Adventure would be good workhorses for you. Maintenance and parts cost are cheaper than the Pajero due to a simpler build, you get a lot more cabin space than a 3 door Pajero, and they are about just as durable and flood-worthy as a Pajero. Fuel consumption is similar to a manual transmission Paj, though top speed is only upto around 140-150km/h. We have a diesel Revo as our "harabas" vehicle, and I have to say it is good enough for me in city driving, 90% of the time. Fares well in out of town trips too, if you don't mind the loud noise from the engine and don't have daredevil drivers with Santa Fe's in your convoy who love to do 200km/h runs. :hysterical:

The Honda City is fine. I believe you are talking about the 1.3L iDSI version? Maintenance cost is slightly higher due to having 8 spark plugs to replace instead of the usual 4. Fuel efficiency is extremely good though. Stay away from the CVT variants if its for keeps. It may bore a huge hole in your wallet when it decides to break down prematurely, which it is known to do.
    yes sir, fuel efficiency is very high on my list. performance, not so much. as long as it brings me to where i need to go.

i am starting to look at the hyundai accent crdi. my friends are urging me to get a new car vs second hand because of maintenace hassle daw. i look at it as a learning oppurtunity. but then again, im a newbie so what do i know? baka nga masakit sa ulo kapag '95 pajero kinuha ko

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i'd go for the city. mas bago.

maganda brand new. pero parang mas sulit ang second as long as properly maintained. di ka na nakatali sa casa for PMS.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    diba yung port irene imports hindi na pwede irenew yung car registration? yun yung narinig ko sa news recently eh. if thats the case, dont get the pajero. better safe than sorry. it might end up in your garage nalang dahil di marenew yung registration. pero search more about this. i may be wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12